Hampton RV Show

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Just got back from the Hampton, VA RV show. Chesapeake RV Solutions was there with several of their Heartland products including a couple of Big Horns and Sundances.

I got to meet the Heartland Rep, Ron Dickeson who was at the show. Super nice guy. He's the one who has been so patient with me, answering all my questions and concerns before I ordered my Landmark Pinehurst. When I introduced myself, I told Ron "Hi, I'm your biggest pain in the butt." He knew exctly who I was....Go figure!!:)

Anyway, if you get a chanch stop by the show and introduce yourself to Ron and to Tim and Ben from Chesapeake RV Solutions.

Keith

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Just got back from the Hampton, VA RV show. Chesapeake RV Solutions was there with several of their Heartland products including a couple of Big Horns and Sundances.

I got to meet the Heartland Rep, Ron Dickeson who was at the show. Super nice guy. He's the one who has been so patient with me, answering all my questions and concerns before I ordered my Landmark Pinehurst. When I introduced myself, I told Ron "Hi, I'm your biggest pain in the butt." He knew exctly who I was....Go figure!!:)

Anyway, if you get a chanch stop by the show and introduce yourself to Ron and to Tim and Ben from Chesapeake RV Solutions.

Keith

If I had know that a Heartland Rep was going to be there...I would have attended.:p

I had a few words of wisdom, I would have liked to have conveyed.

klindgren

yeah, sorry you missed him Lefty. I know he told me he was only going to be there on Saturday because he had another commitment on Sunday.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
yeah, sorry you missed him Lefty. I know he told me he was only going to be there on Saturday because he had another commitment on Sunday.

The last time I was there,...there were no Heartland products represented. So, I had not planned on attending.

I like to make the ones that have lots of vendors selling accessories and that was missing the last time I went.

klindgren

Turst me, you didn't miss anything on the vendor side unless you were in the market for replacement windows or sunrooms or something to make your feet, or in your case your foot:), happy. Not a lot of "camper or camping related vendors.

Almost took out the reference to "your foot" cuz I didn't want to offend, but then, I thought what the heck, being a vet, ya gotta have a pretty thick skin. I know I have to don mine every time I have to go deal with the VA Hospital.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Turst me, you didn't miss anything on the vendor side unless you were in the market for replacement windows or sunrooms or something to make your feet, or in your case your foot:), happy. Not a lot of "camper or camping related vendors.

Almost took out the reference to "your foot" cuz I didn't want to offend, but then, I thought what the heck, being a vet, ya gotta have a pretty thick skin. I know I have to don mine every time I have to go deal with the VA Hospital.

I am just so offended!:p

As far as the leg loss goes, it would take a lot about it to offend me. The loss of it is a fact of life. It's an inconvenience. And more of a challenge than it is any kind of tragedy. My skin is about as thick as it can get and not be called "Armour".

The last time I was at that show...I was just amazed at how inconsiderate people there were. Anybody, who was in a chair was ignored and pretty much left to fend for themselves. I kept getting sent over to TT's because they thought I would be much comfortable in one. Given the right equipment, I could swing through the door, of a 5ver, like a monkey, if I had wanted to. You should see me getting in and out of my 3055RL. My daughter calls it "Impressive Entertainment"...or "Daddy, if you didn't scare the h*ll out of me...it would be funny to watch." I really don't care what people think...it gets me in and out of the RV. I'm not here to impress.

I'd been in a chair for about 6 weeks, when I went to the RV show, ...and I heard a lady say aloud to her husband "why do THEY have to be here...their chairs keep the rest of us from getting around..." He loudly agreed. And I loudly replied, that I had been thinking the same thing about the people NOT in a mobility device. And, I really wasn't nice about it. I'm such a sweeheart, sometimes. There's a big difference between being ragged,in fun, on about being a monopod...and being castigated about it.

The only thing I saw as accessories was "time shares" for RV's. This RV show has been a disappointment for a couple of years. None of that stuff you drool over in the Campingworld catalog.

Bummer.