Winegard Wingman?

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I broke down a bought one at an RV show couple weeks ago but have not got it on yet. I figured was cheap enough to try even if it only helps a little.....Kenny

SmokeyBare

I sent an Email to Antenna Tek asking if the company had plans to produce a like product for their own RV Antenna. I included a link to the test done on the Wingman... and posted to RV.NET...

The Link to the test done:
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/22423030.cfm

Here is their reply back from Antenna Tek:

We do not think we need the device you are referring in your e-mail.
We have increased the gain in the UHF frequencies to make up for it.
Thank you for sending me the link for the test.
It looks to me that they improved some areas and messed up others.
See the attached file for more info.

Tom

Here is the text of the attached Doc. that was included in the email reply:

Digital TV Reception

To Our Valued Customers

As we are approaching February 17th, 2009, the date when the TV stations will
be broadcasting only digital signals, a lot of people are asking the same question:
Is my antenna going to work? The answer is YES.
Our antennas are designed to receive both analog and digital signals. With digital signals the picture and sound quality are crystal clear, in addition there will be more channels available to watch. For example in Denver you can watch PBS on channel 12-1, 12-2, and 12-3, each channel broadcasting different services.

Here is how it will work;
When using one of our antennas on your RV with an analog TV(Tube), disconnect the coaxial cable from the TV and connect it to your converter box, then connect the converter box to your TV. If the station you have tuned in is broadcasting an analog signal, the converter box will pass the signal to your TV.
If the station is broadcasting a digital signal, the converter box will change it to analog for your TV. You may need to re-scan your converter box or television tuner to acquire the new channels.

When using one of our antennas on your RV with a new digital TV(Flat screen) you are ready to go. If the station you have tuned in, is broadcasting an analog signal, the picture quality is the same as you are used to. If the station is broadcasting a digital signal, the picture and sound quality is superior.

It is important to note that many stations are currently broadcasting digital channels, however the full digital conversion will not be complete until the analog cut-off day on February 17, 2009. Until then, not all stations will be broadcasting at their full licensed power and some viewers will continue to find that they are not able to receive all of the digital channels that are available in their area. This problem will be fixed when all stations go to full power on February 17, 2009.

To find out more information on digital TV and the available channels in your area, you may check the following web pages: www.dtvanswers , www.antennaweb.com , www.DTV2009.gov and www.ntia.doc.gov .

We at AntennaTek appreciate your business and are looking forward to serving you.
If you have any questions please call me at: 303-772-9591, or e-mail me at: tom@antennatek.com.

Tom Praggastis
President
AntennaTek, Inc.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Winegard/Antenna Tek?

No Winegard on our BigHorn... it's Antenna Tek Brand...
Marv, I'm pretty sure we have a Winegard on our 3400. It's been a few months since I've been on the roof but when I lubed it last fall I used the instruction book I have and it's a Winegard book. Do you think Heartland used two different antennas?

katkens

Marv, I'm pretty sure we have a Winegard on our 3400. It's been a few months since I've been on the roof but when I lubed it last fall I used the instruction book I have and it's a Winegard book. Do you think Heartland used two different antennas?

Ray.....Mine is a Winegard also,must have changed after '07 model year or maybe beginning or end of new model years.....Kenny

SmokeyBare

HTML:
The handle on my Antenna is labled "Annenta Tek" Longmount Colorado... The replacement parts I needed to order was from Antenna Tek.

DO NOT move the RV from one site to another inside a Campgrounds with the Antenna UP !! :)

IF you have a different brand...I guess Heartland has used more than one brand of Antenna.

Marv

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Well isn't that a co-inkydink! I just looked at the handle on our antenna and it says Antenna Tek. What has me confused is the Winegard installation instructions that I have for a Winegard antenna & amplifier show several pictures of the antenna's baseplate and they look identical. Even more confusing, the amplifier says Antenna Tek also. I guess I'll have to get up on the roof and see if the antenna has anything on it for a description. I need to get after the roof cleaning anyway.:( On edit: I went to the Antenna Tek website and the base plate on their pdf looks almost identical to the winegard. I downloaded their manual for future use. Thanks for that little bit of enlightenment Marv. All along I thought we had a Winegard:eek:

SmokeyBare

Your welcome Ray !

When I was up on mine... washing the RV... I didn't notice a name on the Antenna... but then I really didn't look all that carefully.

Now we need David's question answered by Ken... since he already own's the WingMan... tear it apart Ken and see if you can get it to work !

katkens

Your welcome Ray !

When I was up on mine... washing the RV... I didn't notice a name on the Antenna... but then I really didn't look all that carefully.

Now we need David's question answered by Ken... since he already own's the WingMan... tear it apart Ken and see if you can get it to work !

I will be up there this afternoon and see whats what, might have to use Rescue Tape to get it on.:eek: I would have bet a paycheck mine was a Winegard with the literature I have, good thing I didn't. Thanks Marv will report how things go.:eek:....Kenny

katkens

This pic is of the Winegard bottom plate which shows 4 support areas (feet) where it touchs the roof laying down. The rubber tabs are removed and the holes are used to mount Wingman to antenna. The Tek model only has 2 support area or tabs to mount at back of antenna and new holes would need to be drilled in Wingman to mount. I clamped the Wingman on mine at the back and seemed to flimsy , not being able to secure from the front because of the lack of 2 more mounting points. The missing 2 feet also does not let the Wingman stay level using only 2 mounting holes. I don't think I will attempt to try and make it work.....Kenny

4260d1236635328-winegard-wingman-wingman-4.jpg

katkens

Bring it to the rally and put it on the For Sale table for what you paid for it. mark it Winegard Only.

Jim

Great idea , thanks Jim. If anyone has a Winegard they are really super simple to put on , no tools needed and a 5 minute install.....Kenny