Eagle Ridge 35DSRL

jmaguire

We currently own a travel trailer and are moving up. We have looked at a Sedona S34FSBW and the Eagle Ridge 35DSRL. We will actually see the Eagle Ridge today since it just arrived yesterday. My question is this- Is Heartland a good company to deal with? And am I getting a quality piece of equipment? I will probably buy the extended warranty for either piece, because we all know that things happen. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. John Maguire

jimtoo

Hi John,

First welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Next, your are the 5000th member of the forum. So congratulations and welcome.

The Heartland Forum has a lot of really great folks, and a lot of good information will be found here. I think you will enjoy the forum and will get any information you need right here.

Heartland RVs is a great company to work with. They monitor certain parts of the forum and can, and do, answer questions about the different units.

So ask your questions, read the forum threads, and you will see a lot of happy Heartland Owners.

Jim M

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We currently own a travel trailer and are moving up. We have looked at a Sedona S34FSBW and the Eagle Ridge 35DSRL. We will actually see the Eagle Ridge today since it just arrived yesterday. My question is this- Is Heartland a good company to deal with? And am I getting a quality piece of equipment? I will probably buy the extended warranty for either piece, because we all know that things happen. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. John Maguire

Hello John,
First of all welcome to the Heartland Forum. To answer your questions yes Heartland is a good company to deal with. I can honestly say they have positively responded to any and all issues I have had. As far as the Eagle Ridge is concerned, I cannot personally speak to that model as I have never owned one. I have seen it and it is a new line for Heartland and if it follows the pattern of the other lines (Landmark, Bighorn, Big Country, Sundance, North Trail, North Country) then is should be a good product. Heartland is a solid company and this forum is a wonderful resource for product information and such. This forum is one of the few I have ever seen where you can ask the factory a question and they will give you an answer. Try that with other companies. Good luck in your decision.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
John, Welcome to the Heartland Family. jmgratz couldn't have said it any better. Heartland is a great company and they stand behind their products. I can't wait to see an Eagle Ridge. From the pictures we,ve seen they look like a very nice trailer.

jmaguire

We just returned from the RV dealer. He met us on a Sunday because he knew we were anxious to see the rig. It was very nice. We are probably going to be Heartland owners this week. We are buying it from Midway RV in Salisbury, MD. They helped us with our Americamp with some warranty issues and were great. It has the loft and small office area where our 3 kids should be spending their free time. We have a 16 year old,8 year old, and 5 year old. They love camping as much as we do. One question. We camp a lot at a location with 30 amp service. Will our 50 amp service hook up? Will we need an adapter or what? Thanks for the replies and we hope to continue conversing with you. John

jbeletti

John,

Congrats on your new unit!

Yes, a simple 50 to 30 amp adapter is all you will need. Here's one from Camping World:
27988nUPDATE.jpg

jmaguire

This camper has hydraulic jacks on the front and back. We have never had that before. How do you level the unit side to side? I think it has only one switch for the front and one for the back.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I'm not familiar with the jacks they are using but I'm guessing they are designed for stabilizing, not leveling. Unless you hear different, level your trailer as you have in the past. Side to side with boards front to back with the tongue jack then drop your jacks to stabilize.

jmaguire

Thanks Ray. It looks like we made the deal. I think it will be official tomorrow. We are trading in a 30' travel trailer. This will be our first fifth wheel. Any advice or things to remember?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
JM, read all the posts on towing 5ers. There is LOTS of information here. Use it to your advantage. When all else fails, ask questions. Bob:D

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Invitation to join the local Owner's Club

Thanks Ray. It looks like we made the deal. I think it will be official tomorrow. We are trading in a 30' travel trailer. This will be our first fifth wheel. Any advice or things to remember?

I would like to encourage you to join our Virginia Chapter of the Heartland Owner's Club. We cover Maryland, West Virginia, and North Carolina also because there are no state chapters there yet. You can see what we're up to by reviewing the chapter sub-forum threads. We're holding our first rally Apr 3-5 (unfortunately - all sites sold out at the campground:(, in part due to the large turnout we're having:), but we'll be doing more!) If you're interested, drop me an email at g_funderburg@yahoo.com (note: there's an underscore between the g and f). Look forward to hearing from you.

Gus

ltcps

Took delivery last week of my Eagle Ridge 34RLSA. I can't say I perfectly happy.

Looking underneath after the first rain, the undercarriage covers are sagging badly. The lack of attention to details allowing spaces for making it a mouse hotel are disheartening.

Going to take out on our first trip next week and am hoping for the best.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Welcome, JM. I have found Heartland a company that cares about the people that own their units. When the dealer goes over the unit besure to take your time. There are check list available on the forum to make sure you go over all items. If you do not understan or are not sure of what to do just ask to see it again. As far as back practice is the key. Best of luck with you new unit.