Delaminating of side wall

Rmcgrath53

HPIM1274.jpg

HPIM1273.jpg

HPIM1275.jpg

HPIM1276.jpgHere we go, I was out checking my rig and low and behold I see the side starting to delaminate. I had the rear replaced because of the same thing. Now it looks like the side now is doing it and the bedroom slide and under the bedroom. My rig is out of warranty in a few weeks. I sent some pics to Gary @ heartland. He worked with me on the rear. I will post some pics if I can figure how to do it. If it dont get worse ,than o well ,but I think they will get worse, for they werent like that a few months ago

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ron, I think the most important thing you can do right now is to get your Sundance to your dealer and document the problem before your warranty expires.

Rmcgrath53

Thanks Ray. I am calling Heartland first thing monday and get ahold of Gary and talk. Ill call General RV and talk with them. I just hope I can still use the rig during the easter break from school. We just made our plans and were going to make reservations to camp in Nc. This is our 2nd camper we have had , we really like it . I hope this is something that can be fixed in short order.
Ron

denhammkc

what is delaminating

I think I can tell from the pics that the delaminating is the line running vertically that looks slightly raised. I have noticed it in 2 spots on my 2008 3200ES. It looks on mine like it would be where there is a seem underneath?
How serious is this problen and what are the fixes? It is raining today but I will take some pics as soon as I can and post them.

Rmcgrath53

I took My rig to the dealer the other day and looked at some new ones. We both agreed that mine was not much different than the new ones are. I just wanted to have a look at it with the dealer because the warranty is up in a few weeks. Its a little bit more than the new ones,and i wanted to make note of it with Heartland and the dealer.
Ron

caokgafamily

I have a couple of spots on my 07 3400. They seem to have not changed in 1.5 years. Is it really delamination ? I have seen the same thing on other brands also. If we tap the area with a coin it should sound hollow? I don't like the look of it on my rig, I guess it next to impossible to get a car like perfect mirror exterior on a 5th wheel over 36'.

Steve

D

Dave Willis

I am sending this over to our service dept to see if they can help you.

Thanks,

Hart

To the OP: Is that actually delamination or is it a seam showing up behind the fiberglass??? Hope you have gotten attention on this matter. Good luck

SmokeyBare

I feel that if this was not an actual delamination of the walls of the RV... the thread's title might be changed to reflect that fact.... No need to have people worry needlessly if there was no problem found...

fishn2dmax

To me the picture looks like the wall studs/ bracing showing through a standard RV vacu-bonded bonded wall structure. Mine does has same thing and I noticed all the other makes do the same thing if they have the laminated bonded wall system ( in certain temps). Only the hung wall construction coaches aren't subject to this. From what I see on the Pic's, it doesn't look like a true delaminaiton. Delamination doesn't just follow the interior bracing/studs, it is more random in shape, size and locations. It's possible there is some delamination that I can't see in the picture, but the pictures supplied show a normal condition, albeit a little more severe than typical.

wakeboy

i too am starting to see my rear wall seam get seperated from the frame. Is this what your are referring to. There is play at the seam where i think it should be tight. Was there any trouble getting it fixed?

In my opinion, it looks like the two seams weren't staggered, and both seems end at the same spot causing the Filon to bulge, if they were properly staggered this should not have happened.