Loft Grab Bar

davelinde

The loft has always been a little hard to get into/out of and we always thought there should be some kind of barrier to stop you from just rolling off the edge in your sleep (it's really a long drop and would NOT be good).

The pre-fab stuff I found for beds was all very expensive and the grab-bars I found were all too short. I just made this instead, copper pipe, threaded ends and flanges with a corner cut off to bolt down. I want to paint it nickel, but my daughter says she likes the copper color.

grab_bar.jpg

jbeletti

Cool mode Dave! Thanks for sharing. And who's a Dad to argue with his daughter on color? I've got 4 sons and 1 daughter. She's precious :)

Jim

truknutt

Committed Member
Dave,

Your 3210 has the "integrated" wooden ladder? Our '09 3210 has the metal removable style. Also, can't tell from your photo, where is the entry door to the garage..further right of the copper handrail?

Nice job on the rail. Are you gonna paint the solder joints copper or leave it "Au Natural"?

Dave G.

davelinde

Yes, we've got an integrated wooden ladder. The grab bar is just to the right of the ladder. The door is just to the left of the ladder.

Haven't decided what do to with the solder yet - DD stumped me when the nickel paint was vetoed.

truknutt

Committed Member
Yes, we've got an integrated wooden ladder. The grab bar is just to the right of the ladder. The door is just to the left of the ladder.

Haven't decided what do to with the solder yet - DD stumped me when the nickel paint was vetoed.

Ahhh, you must have the newer kitchen layout. Our kitchen sink is to the left, then wall, then entry to garage at far right.