Help landing gear stopped working

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
We are on second day out with the new Sundance and the front electric landing jack stopped working. I checked for a blown fused or tripped breaker. There is no fuse or breaker labled Landing gear/ jack. I have no paper work or schematic for the electric jacks, looks like they are made by Domar.

jbeletti

Lance,

Do you hear anything when you run the switch? Like the motor is running but no action with the jacks?

If you hear the motor running but no action, I'd suspect the sheer pin has sheered.

But since you are checking fuses and breakers, my guess is you are hearing nothing.

Do you have plenty of DC power. Does everything else in the coach that is DC powered work?

Call either your dealer (Lakeshore) or Heartland Customer Service (877-262-8032) first thing in the morning. Have your VIN ready if you call Heartland.

Jim

jnbhobe

The landing gear is probably fused in the battery compartment, Its on a direct line from the battery. JON ;) ;) ;)

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Thanks for the responce Jim...... i found a blown inline fuse near the battery (30 amp). The Host at Lake Altus OK. gave us a new fuse and all seems ok!:)

Cranking this thing up and down twice was a good workout for the new AARP member.

dreamer

If you raise the landing gear till they stop or make noises you will blow the fuse every time. You have to figure out how high they should go and put a mark on the legs to tell you to stop raising them. Things are not made as tough as the old days:)

HRAI

Good idea to mark the legs dreamer. I have replaced my blown fuse with a breaker. It fits exactly where the fuse was. No more problems in case we ever do go too far with the landing gear as the breaker will simply reset automaticaly.

Guy

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Good idea to mark the legs dreamer. I have replaced my blown fuse with a breaker. It fits exactly where the fuse was. No more problems in case we ever do go too far with the landing gear as the breaker will simply reset automaticaly.

Guy

Thanks for the info. Was it the atc/ato plug in size fuses? Also 20 - 25 or what size fuse was it. I want to do the same thing. Also where is that fuse holder located? thanks

HRAI

I used the same size and amperage as the original fuse. The fuse is located right next to the battery. It's an in-line fuse.

Guy

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Guy, that is the way they should come. Any electric motor should always have a circuit breaker instead of a fuse. An electric motor is a dead short until it the armature starts to move. All cars have circuit breakers for the power seats and windows. Headlamps are never fused, the switches have a circuit breaker built into them, not a fuse. My 2cts Bob:D

Chuck Richard

Another thing to think about when cranking all the way up is the actual gearbox if like my 3055RL is made of plastic. If cranked up too many times these are the weak links. I never blew a fuse and the shear pin never sheared but after only about 12 to 15 cycles bringing the legs all the way up the gearbox cracked. I made the mark on my legs (yellow elec tape working so far) and will never go all the way up again. I was lucky mine broke at home and Heartland was great but it would ba a real drag to break at a remote camp site.

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
This happened to me tonight.... when I arrive at the camper tomorrow after work I will check for a blown fuse near the battery box.... Is this is an automotive type fuse as well? I did check the fuse box in the camper and found none blown.

I don't suppose anyone has a picture of where this fuse can be found?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
It's a standard 30amp plug-in automotive fuse. It is located on one of the lines near the battery in a small black "box" about the size of a small match box.

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
Man you guys are good!!!!!! Found the fuse and it is all fixed.

Now for that *censored word* rear bathroom leak :mad:

scottie43

My landing gear gearbox cracked on our 09 Big Country 3355 yesterday while setting up on our RV site. Contacted Heartland who put me in contact with Lippert. They are sending out a new unit immediately. Talk about great customer service!! I will surely be marking the landing gear so this doesn't happen again.

loafer

The in line fuse is a 30 amp your right it is right off the battery. It has been suggested that I try and mount a micro switch in line so that when legs reach the right height up that it trips micro switch which in turn cuts off power. I have been told its approx a $10.00 part . You would think that if its an issue which it is that the factory would install a micro switch or some other switch from the get go .
TApe is certainly the cheapest way to mark leg . Glad you got the problem fixed
as they say Keep on Campin

wdk450

Raising/Lowering Landing Gear

Gang:
I don't know if our gear is all the same, but mine has leg extensions that come out of the main electrically operated legs, and have holes and spring pins in the sides.
During my PDI, I was instructed when raising the gear after being hitched to the truck, to manually lift the telescoping legs into the outer tubes AS SOON AS THE PADS CLEARED THE GROUND. This will keep you from raising the legs so far that the spring pins hit the trailer frame and mess up the gear.

bridosh

Two things.

First, the inline fuse for the front stabilizer legs on my 2010 3200RE is physically smaller than the typical automotive fuse. It's called an "RV fuse" and is a bit more difficult to find for purchase unless you go to an RV store. Had the same experience on my first outing. Mine is a 30 amp and is located inline near the battery.

Secondly, does anyone know where the rear stabilizer fuse is located on my model? Apparently the same issue arises on the rear electric stabs when retracted too far.

lhetsler

I hear you on the leg extensions. I read here where so many people have problems. I never raise or lower my legs electronically more than about an inch and a half. I use the leg extensions and or blocks.

bridosh

According to Sundance there is an inline fuse near the motor on the rear stabilizers. I've been unable to locate one as also has the local Sundance dealer who verified indeed the motor itself is bad. New motor in work under warranty.

Lesson learned........don't retract ANY stabilizer to the stops.