Oregon Rally Meals

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Jim started a thread like this for the National Rally and it sounded like a good idea. Shall we give it a try?

Friday Night, June 12th everyone will share appetizers and have some of our favorite beverages (adult and not so adult:D BYOB).

Saturday Night June 13th is our rally potluck.

Who wants to bring what? So far we have 49 people signed up to attend the rally.

I know some of us might change our minds about what we want to bring between now and then, but this will give us some idea of what we have coming, and what we need, to round out our perfect potluck.

Appetizer
s Friday Night

1. Raspberry Cheese Pie - Debbi and Larry
2. Chips/Salsa - Jodi and Dean
3. Deviled Eggs - Kristy and Mark
4. Cheese/Bread - Lori and Brent
5. Grandma Dot Dip/Chips - Deb and Chuck
6. Cocktail Meatballs - Diana and Gary
7. Sweet & Sour Meatballs - Joyce and Bob
8. Pickled Asparagus - Annie and Jess
9. Pinwheels - Deb and Jerry

Potluck Saturday Night

Main Dish
1. BBQ Tuna/Crab/Oysters depending on availability - Sheryl and Cliff
2. Tortilla Pie with Chicken - Marybeth
3. Pork Chili Verde Tacos - Jodi and Dean
4. Boneless Pork Ribs - Debbie and Chuck
5. Chili - Jan and Jim
6. Mexican Chicken Lasagna - Joyce and Bob
7. BBQ pork - Deb and Ray

Pasta
1. Rigitoni - Teresa and Art
2. Shrimp Linguine - Lori and Brent
3. Delish - Debbi and Larry

Salad
1. Potato Salad - Debbie and Chuck
2. Grape Salad - Marybeth
3. Bean Salad - Stacy and Butch
4. Broccoli Salad - Annie and Jess

Vegetables
1. Bacon Saute' Green Beans - Kristy and Mark
2. Scalloped Corn - Judy and Dale

Breads
1. Corn Bread - Deb and Ray
2. Cheese Bread - Deb and Jerry

Dessert
1. Full Sheet Cake - Kristy and mark
2. Chocolate Cake - Deborah and Bill
3. Dutch Oven Blackberry Cobbler/Hazelnut Coffee - Sheryl and Cliff

Last edited:

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Kristy, Im always up for doing corn bread (my specialty) and I'll let you know later what else. When I think of something... LOL

cliffbuilt

Kristy,
I think I already mentioned BBQ Tuna or Crab, whatever is available in June? Add Dutch Oven Blackberry Cobbler & Hazelnut Coffee. Also Winchester Bay has the best fresh Oysters raised on cords in the Jetty triangle (no sand or grit) also good on the BBQ w/butter & garlic Umm Ummm. I'll have to make a trip there this week and get some to practice on, & get signed up for a spot while I'm there!!
If you get that list you've made filled up we'll have to find help to eat it all LOL.
Thanks
Cliff

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
You guys are being very generous. You don't have to do more than one dish as long as it will feed several people, unless you really want to.

Thanks for your enthusiasm! I'll catch the post at the top of the thread up a little later. We're doing parent conferences right now and I only have a couple of minutes to check in today.

Kristy

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Debbi will make her famous raspberry cheese pie that MaryBeth and others just love for an appetizer. Look up the ingredients in the food dishes and appetizer thread. Yummy! It can also be a dessert, your choice as I didn't see a category for appetizers.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Sounds good Larry. I left appetizers off the list for dinner because that is what we'll have Friday night. You guys can decide what category you want to put it in! I'm sure there will be enough food to go around both nights!

I know cliffbuilt is planning on coming, but hasn't made their reservations yet. Cliff is talking about BBQ crab or tuna and maybe oysters. He plans to get oysters this weekend to practice. Somehow, I don't think he really needs to practice...:D

Anyway, that's another example of something that could fit into different categories.

BTW We just hit 20 rigs today and that's before we count Cliff and his wife!:eek:

Kristy

wdk450

Winchester Bay Rally

Gang:
We will bring Chocolate Cake.

Bill & Deborah Knight
Sacramento

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Announcement!

This is a repeat post of the one I just made in the main rally thread.

I just started a new thread with a poll to be taken by those attending the rally.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=9150

I have an idea about designing and selling rally sweatshirts and I need if you are interested.

The profits would be used to help finance rally expenses for this growing group of people.:D:D

I would appreciate it if you could check out the thread and submit your answers and posts as soon as you can. If enough people are interested, I need to get a design done and start taking orders and payment.

Thanks everyone!
Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
OK We are only a month away from the rally! Its getting closer to the time where we need to really think about what we are bringing to the appetizer night and for the pot luck. We don't need exact dishes, but we need to make sure we have all courses covered.

There are currently 45-47 people registered coming from 23 rigs and one couple in a motel.

We're getting excited!
Kristy

bigredtruck

I will bring some sort of cheese and bread appetizer (depends on what time we get there) and Shrimp Linguine for Saturday.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Debbi is going to make a pasta and meat dish called "delish" for Saturday nite potluck dinner in addition to friday nite appetizer of raspberry cheese pie. It's Debbi's bday Saturday nite June 13 and she is super happy to spend it with all you folks at the Oregon Rally.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Thanks Larry. I put it down in the menu. Today is Mark's BD so his and Debbi's are really close.
Kristy

Chuck Richard

Hi Kristi:

We will bring an appetizer of "Grandma Dot Dip" and chips, a very addicting, delicious family favorite of ours.

:)
Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.