Curved step covers?

kkamshop

Getting our new Augusta ready for some warmer weather and got to thinking - we have always used the dirt-grabbing carpet step covers, but the LM has curved steps.

Do the standard covers fit ok, or do we just skip using them?

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We bought one of those blocks of wood shaped like a U that have the heavy duty brushes on the bottom and sides to scrape your shoes, and leave it next to the bottom step. We find that it does a good job for us and doesn't run the risk of being slippery when it gets wet like the carpet on the stairs can get. I know the metal of the stairs can get slippery too, but we've had more trouble with carpet being slippery than the metal.

Kristy

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Getting our new Augusta ready for some warmer weather and got to thinking - we have always used the dirt-grabbing carpet step covers, but the LM has curved steps.

Hey Ken and Kathy,
Jim B. has the standard step covers on his curved steps and they seem to look just fine. I had the same concern as you but after seeing Jim's I felt better. I just haven't gotten my covers yet. Seems that I am procrastinating----will be a year April 5.

Mark

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

We have the standard carpet covers on ours although they do not go all the way to the edge of the step it covers most of it. We only have 3 steps on our Classic Landmark.