Border crossing critters

nhunter

Anyone cross the 49th with their animals? We are heading down to Oregon in July and were wondering if there are any requirements / conditions getting in and out of the States.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
I believe they have to have up to date shots and the paperwork to show it.
Check out the USGustoms and Boarder Protection website www.cbp.gov

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Anyone cross the 49th with their animals? We are heading down to Oregon in July and were wondering if there are any requirements / conditions getting in and out of the States.

Rabies shots. That's it. I think they require one within the last year. Really no biggy. Crossed from Mexico, Crossed from Alaska, Crossed from Canada. Wish it was as easy to get myself back.

airedale

avitar...

in all my trips back and forth with my avitar... the amers dont seem to mind, but the cdns might......something i've noticed and also been told......rabies a must.....i believe within 3 months of crossing.....cheers...

bighorn3370

It's been a long time since I have crossed with critters. But I just had both my dogs in, and the paperwork shows that their rabies shots are good for three years. I think if you crossed the border a lot, you would over vaccinate them. Just my 2 cents.

Triber

Crossing into the States you need an up to date distemper and rabies vaccination for your dog. We have taken our 6 year old Yellow Lab into the States and Mexico and never had a problem. As I understand it, if you don't have up to date shots for your pooch Canada Customs can refuse your pet re entry into the country until he has been quarentined for 30 days. I always have up to date distemper, rabies and parvo shots and carry the vet's certificate with me although I have never been asked for them.