Clarion entertainment system help

dm2776

does anyone have some info on the clarion system in the 2008 cyclone 4012...we just bought a used one, and can not get sound if i put anything in the dvd or cd. we think we need to take it out. possibly there is a stuck cd in there (we get some spanish music that we cant figure out where it comes from)..spoke to a guy at heartland who is pretty sure it is a multiple changer..i can put in a cd and eject it but only eject the cd i installed.nothing else...shows it is a clarion dxz465mp on the tuner one..and another faceplate where you insert the cd's with no numbers. any help would be appreciated. would like to watch dv's when we travel.. thanks. diana any wiring diagrams or anything would be sweet

dm2776

i have that downloaded and it didnt help me. under trouble shooting , it was basically clean the disc or make sure it is in the correct format. nothing for if you think a disc might be stuck. i really couldnt even find for sure if it was a multiple changer, but the guy at heartland thinks it is. i am afraid we are going to have to take it apart to look at it. but thanks for the fast reply.

truknutt

Committed Member
i have that downloaded and it didnt help me. under trouble shooting , it was basically clean the disc or make sure it is in the correct format. nothing for if you think a disc might be stuck. i really couldnt even find for sure if it was a multiple changer, but the guy at heartland thinks it is. i am afraid we are going to have to take it apart to look at it. but thanks for the fast reply.

I looked at the operations manual and it appears that the basic unit is a single CD player. Chapter 9 covers playing an OPTIONAL CD Changer through the unit.

It sounds as if the unit is in one of the Radio modes. Try pressing the SRC (source) button right below the round rotary knob. Each time you press the button the display should tell you where "the sound" is coming from; RADIO, SATELLITE, CD/MP3/WMA, etc.

Unfortunately, with a used unit you have the former owner's preset radio channels to contend with also. I'd clear them all and try to start with a clean slate.

I'm a button pusher so it's hard to troubleshoot unless I can physically get at it with a good electron adjustment tool (Big Flippin' Hammer)....Good Luck.

dm2776

i found a place in houston that will service the clarion. unfortunately not while it is in rv..i will have to get it out and take it to them. i have a top unit and a unit right underneath it. the unit on top has the source button that shows tuner/aux/cd-mp3, etc. no where to load a cd in it. the bottom one loads the cd but still not sure how many it will load. i can actually only get one to load and eject. talked to heartland svc who thinks it is a multiple changer..think in the book it would be the optional cd. but what do i know. (was even able to get it changed from ess-mp to ess-cd). when it is on cd/mp3 is when we hear the spanish tunes. pretty sure not a radio as it always starts with the same thing which makes me think a cd is stuck somewhere. not sure what kind of heartache i am going to encounter to try to take it out.:( first i have to find a tool to even take it out.
thanks a bunch

truknutt

Committed Member
i found a place in houston that will service the clarion. unfortunately not while it is in rv..i will have to get it out and take it to them. i have a top unit and a unit right underneath it. the unit on top has the source button that shows tuner/aux/cd-mp3, etc. no where to load a cd in it. the bottom one loads the cd but still not sure how many it will load. i can actually only get one to load and eject. talked to heartland svc who thinks it is a multiple changer..think in the book it would be the optional cd. but what do i know. (was even able to get it changed from ess-mp to ess-cd). when it is on cd/mp3 is when we hear the spanish tunes. pretty sure not a radio as it always starts with the same thing which makes me think a cd is stuck somewhere. not sure what kind of heartache i am going to encounter to try to take it out.:( first i have to find a tool to even take it out.
thanks a bunch

Pages 3 & 4 of the manual show how to flip down the front faceplate of the tuner unit to load a single CD.

dm2776

hahaha i hate to even admit this. i saw that in the manual and even took the face place off and could not see it. since i almost never got it back on, i decided to check again and this time take my cheater glasses with me. yippee i have found the mexican cd. now let me see if i can get a dvd to play if a cd is out of the source. one down, (no spanish salsa), one to go (can i get a dvd to play)
i guess i did not realize just how bad the old eye sight was.

now do you have any ideas on the dvd player. i put a cd in and it noes not show no disc but comes up with a hand. i am wondering if it is dirty inside but i cant even find a dvd on the clarion web site. it almost started to play where i could see but the sound was terrible