Procedure for Ordering New Big Horn

Hogladyrider

What is the procedure for ordering a new Big Horn?

We would like to pick it up at the factory rather than pay a huge delivery fee to Florida.

Do we have to go thru a local dealer and what type of deposit is required?

We want a 3580 with dual pane windows and some other upgrades as well as we eventually want to full time.

We just sold our current toy hauler RV and want to move up to a 5r and we have narrowed our decision to Big Horn.

Thanks
Susan

jbeletti

Heartland sells only through dealers. As such, factory pickup is not an option.

That said, there is one way to get nearly-factory-pickup.

We have an Elkhart dealer, Great Lakes RV Center. Give Rob Reid a call at 574-293-4500.

Disclaimer: In fairness to all dealers, I don't endorse any particular dealer. I suggest Great Lakes only because you asked for "factory-pickup", not because Great Lakes is better than other options you may have.

Jim

fljlcw

We ordered our 3580 through Great lakes ,got A good deal and the pdi went well ,they even let us stay in their lot with electric hook up for A few nights so we could check out the rig very well for ourselves, this is our 2nd bighorn and would definitely buy A third if this one ever wears out.
Fred

olnavy

Heartland RV express

What is the Heartland RV express? I sent in a request for how i want my 3600RL built and got a response back from a guy name of
Jason Quigley
General Manager
The Rv Express
(888) 228-2160
jason@thervexpress.com

I have not called him yet was waiting till I know for sure I have my financing in place first. Now Im not sure what to do.
Is this Rv Express part of Haertland or what? The price I got was very good, but one can never be too carefull on the web.

jbeletti

Not a "part of" Heartland. Likely a dealer. I think they are the Internet arm of Richardson's RV in California. Not sure.

Jim

jimtoo

olnavy,
The RV Express does not appear to be a Heartland dealer. I think they have been surfing and captured your name and replied to you. They are an exclusive Jayco dealer according to their web site. I think they are misrepresenting them selves. Just be careful as they have no reference to Heartland on their web site.
Jim M

olnavy

Thanks guys, I have looking into them more and done some IP look ups. Very sneaky. I will go with the local guy here. Chesapeake RV Solutions

Again thanks all

Alan Jordan

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Alan, RV express is a part of Richardson's RV in Riverside calif. Jason is in the Temecula office. They are a Heartland dealer.

Bobby A

To hogladyrider,

I would diffently buy from Great Lakes RV, we visited the factory a few weeks back and visited Great Lakes and talked to the Owner Rob Reid as stated above. If we wouldn't of had a trade in I would of bought from him. He beat my local dealer by a over 2K and he is only 5 minutes from the factory. So its as close to getting it from the factory that you can get. There are many other advantages buy from Rob. I wish I could have, he is a real nice guy and honest. I have nothing to gain from this plug, I only met him once. BTW, We also ordered the B/H 3580, with dual pane windows, goes into production next week, can't wait to get it.

Last edited:

jimtoo

Well it looks like "thervexpress.com" is a jayco dealer, but if you look for heartland rv express it comes back as they are a Heartland dealer. Sorry if I posted some wrong information.

Jim M

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Thanks guys, I have looking into them more and done some IP look ups. Very sneaky. I will go with the local guy here. Chesapeake RV Solutions

Again thanks all

Alan Jordan

Hey Alan. I just bought my Landmark from Chesapeake RV Solutions. Great people to deal with. Tim and Ben will work with you. Go talk to them