Forum host move COMPLETE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Forum Move Complete. We are now fully hosted on our new provider!

Heartland Owners Forum Members,

Over the last few months, we have experienced performance and reliability issues with our current web host. That said, it's time to move.

As of 13:45 CST, today, March 18, we set the wheels in motion to make the move to a new web host. Yet today, we will put the forum into Maintenance mode. While in this mode, some activity will be limited. Specifically, attachments (images, PDFs etc.) within posts will be disabled. Also, uploads to the Heartland Owners Gallery (HOG) will be disabled.

Then tomorrow, March 19, most likely in the morning, the database will be pointed to the new server addresses (DNS). DNS updates can take up to 24 hours to complete. Please be patient as we perform this move.

Thanks,

Jim Beletti
Heartland Owners Forum Admin

Last edited by a moderator:

boatdoc

Thanks Jim!!! We knew it was'nt going to last long with the last couple months performance. We just bit our lip and waited.
G&D

linuxkidd

Well guys,
One more night of slow performance... The move is indeed under way.

For now, there will be no uploads allowed to either the forum or gallery.

Tomorrow, there will be a brief maintenance period when a final database sync is performed. After that, it's smooth sailing!

Hang in there everyone.. we're almost there...
LK

linuxkidd

As of 6:10am EDT (GMT-4) today, The forum is now fully hosted on our new provider.

All upload capability has been restored.

Please respond to this thread with your observations or any problems you experience so we can make sure everything is ironed out.

Thanks!!
LK

irvin56

Thanks to you 2 and the team behind it

working with all the technical stuff is no alway smooth sailing and I hope everything goes smooth for you and the team of techy's out there

Would hate to loose the forum and info on it

jbeletti

We have daily backups of the forum so we should never lose much if we ever (shudder the thought), have to restore from one of them.

Yes, the tech team of one person, Michael Kidd (linuxkidd aka LK) has worked hard to earn his Moderator salary these past 2 days :)

Thanks LK - you da best - man!

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Updates

Updates to closed threads not showing as new entries. Posted some updates on one of the closed threads, and it is not showing as new entry.

Ideas, there Kidd?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I was on about 7 hours ago and had no trouble getting in and everything was blazing fast. I just signed on a vew minutes ago and I had to clear the DNS before being allowed to sign in. Everything still runs great. Thanks Jim & Michael!!!

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
new host

It is sweeeeeeeeeeet good job! Now I have to quit taking naps waiting to do anything!

linuxkidd

Updates to closed threads not showing as new entries. Posted some updates on one of the closed threads, and it is not showing as new entry.

Ideas, there Kidd?

Shoot me a link to the thread you're talk'n about.. I'll take a look into it..

Thanks Lefty!
LK

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
I think I need the procedure for flushing the DNS. I Did on my laptop and everything works fine but I can't get the wedsite on my desk top. I guess I need to flush it. I looked for the procedure on here but couldn't find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.