Oven not working

B. Lee

Firecapt422
We have the 29 RK and the oven is not working. The range tops works just fine. The unit is 3 years old. We used the oven only one time any Ideas??:confused:

Thanks, Butch

jpmorgan37

What happens when you try to light it? Does the pilot light? How long do you leave the pilot on before you try to light the oven? How long ago did you use it? Did you turn it off or did it just go out? Give us some more details please.

John

B. Lee

Firecapt422
The first time about 1 year ago the pilot would light, but now I can't get the pilot to light. I followed the direstions to the "T" but unable to get to light.

jpmorgan37

There is an adjustment screw on the supply line for the pilot. It's possible that it may have to be opened a little more to get propane to flow to the pilot. I would try turning the screw about 1/4 turn and try to light the pilot. If it lights, adjust the flame on the pilot before trying to light the oven. Since you haven't used the oven but once in three years, there may be a little debris of corrosion in the line at the adjusting screw. If you are not comfortable in trying that, then see a dealer or go to your local propane supplier and they can probably help you.

John

Last edited:

jpmorgan37

Butch;

You should be able to go on line and find a diagram if you don't have a manual on it. My last one was under the range top, near the oven control knob. We don't have an oven in our Landmark. We just use the convection/microwave. If you post what brand it is, maybe someone else with the same oven will weigh in with the exact location.

John

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
John, where is the adjustment screw located and is it easy to get to?

Thanks, Butch

It's easy. Lift up lid of stove. Look for set screw.

A little evidence of effort on your part would go a long way to get you the help you need. I don't think John makes house calls.