Idea: Homemade

dancer

egnor's much better half
I had an idea for a forum or a section of forum about homemade items you see around the campground and their plans.

ie the homemade flower pot lightes, the pvc flag poles, pvc ball toss, bean bag games.. etc.

Does this sound like something worth doing?? Let me know .. and/or if you would have any plans to contribute!

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Hello dancer, that would be a good subject idea , do you have any crafts that you want share with us? TRAVELER07

jbeletti

Another group of members has been after me for a long time to create a sub-forum for Ladies Handicrafts (embroidery, quilting etc.). Perhaps this can all be combine into a single forum with a sub-forum for each type/item??

rckc228

Sounds like a great idea.Welcome to the forum, looks like your are going to be a very active members.

dancer

egnor's much better half
I dont know about the crafts thing, thats up to you.. I just know I saw some things I would love to have the plans for and if I find them would be happy to send them along. ..

For starters if anyone knows how to get my chubby little hands on those white plastic flower pots that you drill and glue the beads on... let me know..

dancer

egnor's much better half
I did google and find the plans for the flag and that... if Jim makes the forum then I'll post them all in there. :eek:

dancer

egnor's much better half
Ive been searchin since we got the 5r and havent found them yet. gettin frustrated. i dont care if they are white, just want some pots.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hi Dancer
I have always liked to find new things and try to remember where I found out about them..

Per your post about Pots and beads. Here is some places you might like..

http://www.missouriscenicrivers.com/PVCflagpoleplans.html
I use the basic plan but made some changes. I used 1" Sch 40 PVC I found in 5' sections at Ace Hardware. I also used a stake that holds landscape timbers and Railroad Ties togeather at Home Depot or Lowes.
Cut 1' off each end of the 5' sections glue the Tee with one 1' and 4' length, put an end cap on both ends. Glue the 45* on the other 4' section and glue the other 1' section in the 45*. To put it togeather put the open part of the Tee onto the 1' section of the 45*. I put 2 brass screw in cuphooks on the 4' section to hang the flag. Of course being in the Navy I had to paint it battleship gray :D.

I am not sure about your flower pot but is this what your looking for?
http://www.missouriscenicrivers.com/flowerpotlights.html

I also have a PDF flyer of some campground lights that are hand made. I don't know if she is still making the lamps but they are sorta cool. They are made out of large diameter PVC. About 8" diameter. Drilled holes in a pattern, press colored plastic beads in the holes, put a light socket inside and cover it with a plastic plate.

BC

Attachments

• Camp Lights by Deanna & Lee .pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 23

dancer

egnor's much better half
yes thats whati want but the problem is no one carries those pots anymore to make them. and those that hav stocked up want a FORTUNE for the ones that are made already..:(

Christytra

crafting/camping

Let me add one more YEAH for this this topic! I have lots of time on my hands for creating and I like to see what others have made.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Another group of members has been after me for a long time to create a sub-forum for Ladies Handicrafts (embroidery, quilting etc.). Perhaps this can all be combine into a single forum with a sub-forum for each type/item??

Jim.. Jim.. this is a no no...:p
We need to have you go through one of those classes I had to go through when I was employed.. :rolleyes:

You have now left out us guys.. We can build things out of PVC, Leather, Wood, dirt, or what ever.. You know that Mean Joe Green liked to Knittin..
What do I tell Mr. Joe G that he is not included in the Handicraft forum so he can Knit...:eek: I heard he just bought him a Landmark, or I think that was the roumer

Now a Handicraft forum would be great. Us here guys can talk about our wood whittlin talent. :D. I can make real grate toothpicks from them thair logs. Hee Hee...None
BC

jbeletti

Hey ya big Bobcat!

Stacey (Dancer) has worked with me to compile a list of categories. I will start out with that list and we can expand from there.

See the list below and add to it. But please, rather than your wildest dreams on what "could be done" with a particular material, let's limit it for now, to categories where you have something to share. Something you've done. Pictures will nearly be a must for contributions.

The initial list:

HOMEMADE AND FROM THE HEART

WOOD
  1. SIGNS & YARD ITEMS
  2. GAMES
  3. FURNITURE
PLASTIC, PVC & PLEXIGLASS
  1. YARD ITEMS
  2. TRAILER ITEMS
  3. GAMES
GLASS
  1. TRAILER ITEMS
  2. YARD ITEMS
CLAY & POTTERY
  1. TRAILER ITEMS
  2. YARD ITEMS
FABRIC
1. CLOTHING
2. TRAILER ITEMS

THREAD

KNITTING
1. TRAILER ITEMS
2. YARD ITEMS

CROCHETING
1. TRAILER ITEMS
2. YARD ITEMS

QUILTING
1. TRAILER ITEMS
2. YARD ITEMS

NEEDLEPOINT
1. TRAILER ITEMS
2. YARD ITEMS

Last edited:

dancer

egnor's much better half
you wanted the fiberglass and cloth stuff in there too.. did you not get that new email?:confused:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well that thair is better.. us here country folk could have a real good time making toothpicks..;). Thanks

You might just add another topic.. When I go deer & Moose huntin it would be nice to show some of them there there things made of leather. :cool:

Yep.. I would like to see a Leather thing so I can larn some new things about makin Mockisns.:p

BC