where do i get one of those fancy little maps...

dancer

egnor's much better half
that is in everyones sig line?? I keep looking and I cant find one that i can personalize??

dancer

egnor's much better half
thank you. i book marked it. we've only been in michigan with the camper.. i think i would look silly adding it until we at least get one more state in there.... :p

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Dancer,
You gotta start somewhere. Last year I had zero states and after one summer trip and a bunch of rallies I think we are up to 11. Good luck out there. Now you have a reason to travel LOL.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
That leads me to another question. Are you suppose to start all over again with each new camper (i.e. states where THIS camper has been) or just where you have been camping? What's the general consensus?

dancer

egnor's much better half
well if i put on there where i have been i can fill quite a few.. but egnors hasnt been to all those with me and most of them i flew too.

so.. im pretty sure they aren't gonna count.

I would go where you have camped.

jpmorgan37

Strictly up to you. My empty states are states that I have camped in years ago. My current map started when I retired in 1999 and we hit the road. Although, not all in my Landmark, but it has been a fairly steady trip.

John

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
that is in everyones sig line?? I keep looking and I cant find one that i can personalize??

If you steal someone's tag line...the penalty is death. Check the internet laws. I know I read it somewhere.:D

As for do you need to restart a "Been There" map everytime you get a new camper...it's really up to you. I prefer to think that the fact I'm driving counts a little more than what I'm driving. I'm the one that made the trip...the RV is just how I got there.;)

And, until this "D**NED" thing starts paying all the bills, *I* get head billing!!!:eek:

Besides, I can't find a map that shows Kwajelein Island anywhere. It's bookdocking at it's best..and the fishing is fantastic.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
I only color the states I have camped in a RV, but to each their own. Doesn't take long to fill in more states. After this summer I will have to add a pic of Canada too.

klindgren

Thanks for the responses. I think I'll use it for all the states we have camped in from the pop-up to the TT and then the 5er. If I was only going to do "this" camper my map would not have any color to it.:( At least not for a couple of more weeks. I plan on taking delivery this Friday and do my first shake down trip the following weekend. Not going to get to go very far because I have to teach that weekend, but at least I'll get a chance to camp in my new one.:)

klindgren

Of course, now I have to go out to that web site someone gave "dancer" and then I have to figure out how to use the map and then post it on my signature. That might take some time given my computer skills (or lack there of)