Landmark slideouts????

jgilbert

Okay, we have lived in our KZ Montego Bay for the past two years traveling the U.S. In that time, we have replaced the couch slideout motor once and the dining room slideout motor twice. We are currently in east Texas awaiting an RV repair person to come visit us to once again replace the big slideout (dining) motor for a third time. On top of that, we were heading back to McClain's RV to get our bedroom slideout fixed again. So even though we love our unit, we are seriously considering trading it in.

I've been lurking on this site for a couple of years and now want to ask about Landmark slides. Are they electric or hydraulic? Have any of you experienced slideouts that either won't go out or after they are out, won't come in?

It will cost us some $$$ to trade and I do not want to make a mistake.

Thanks,
Joe

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hi Joe and welcome to the forum.

Landmarks have both hydraulic and electric slides. The Augusta has all hydraulic, the Pinehurst,Oakmont,Cape Cod and Grand Canyon have electric pulley style slides in the bedroom. I cannot speak to the electric pulley style but my hydraulics on my Augusta work great. I am very pleased with this type of system. I especially like having hydraulic land gear. They are much faster than the standard electric motor style.

I am sure others will weigh in here but rest assured Landmark is a great unit all around.

Good luck,
Mark

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We have 4 hydraulic slides in our BH, just like those in the Landmark, and really like them. Have lived in the unit for two years and never had a problem with them.

The electric slides in our Holiday Rambler gave us problems and had to have motors replaced...never want electric again.

osims

bsims
As Mark said our Landmark has hyd. slides on rear and electic on the bedroom slide. We have not had any trouble with either, the bedroom slide is electric so you can have underbed storage which is fairly large. I am impressed with the hyd. landing gear everytime we set up. KZ makes good 5ers but i don't think you would be dissapointed with the Landmark.
Bill

jbeletti

Joe,

The few floorplans in Landmark that have electric slide room motors, use a system by BAL. Mine in my Pinehurst if fast and quiet. I have had zero trouble with the system.

Hope to welcome you to the Heartland family one day. Until then, welcome to the forum.

Jim