slide out seal

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Today I woke up the beast and noticed that I could see light from under the off door side slideout. I got under the slideout and found that the rubber seal was cut and deformed were the slideout rollers were located. I could not see any reason for the seal to be cut and deformed. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix the problem. I know I can replace the seal but there is no need until I figure out what caused the problem to start with. Also on the door side slide out the strap (can't think of what it is called)that holds up the wiring under the slide has broken loose from the unit.Have read of the door hinge fix on the forum. Does this fix work well or should I replace the strap? Thanks

Tom of Ypsi

Terry and Renee,

Are you talking about the "D" seal or the flat black rubber weaather strip that is under the seal? We had the black peice bunch up and daylight was coming through. Recreational Speciialties in Elkhart fixed the problem while we were having new windows installed. There was no reason for this it just happened. We also had the strap break and replaced it and this was over two years ago. Do not know how the loor/piano hinge fix worked out.

trdeal

Terry and Renee,

Are you talking about the "D" seal or the flat black rubber weaather strip that is under the seal? We had the black peice bunch up and daylight was coming through. Recreational Speciialties in Elkhart fixed the problem while we were having new windows installed. There was no reason for this it just happened. We also had the strap break and replaced it and this was over two years ago. Do not know how the loor/piano hinge fix worked out.
The flat black rubber seal is what I am talking about. I am going to look at it a little closer today and see if I can figure something out on it. I am also going to get a hinge today and see if I can fix the strap at least for now.

Tom of Ypsi

Terry,

Upon closer inspection, now daylight, the black plastic is held in place by a white strap the length of the slide. It looks like Rec Speicialties unscrewed part of this and pulled the black plastic back into place and rescrewed the strap into place. Looks like an easy job. Hope this helps.

trdeal

Terry,

Upon closer inspection, now daylight, the black plastic is held in place by a white strap the length of the slide. It looks like Rec Speicialties unscrewed part of this and pulled the black plastic back into place and rescrewed the strap into place. Looks like an easy job. Hope this helps.
The black plastic is fine. It is the black rubber seal that is directly under the white strap that is cut. It is strange.The rubber seal looks fine and no daylight showing on the inside except at each of the rollers. The worst is the middle one.I It looks like something has pushed and stretched it out of shape just at the rollers. But I can't see anything causing the problem.I have just reattached the flexguard with a door hinge. I am going back out right now to look at the seal.

Fordsd250

I had this on my 06 BH 3500. Went to my dealer and got new seal (.89 a ft) and began taking off the strip with lots of screws off and found to much of the seal was sticking up and got caught in the rollers the slide rides on and tore the seal. Put new one on and no problems.:D

trdeal

I had this on my 06 BH 3500. Went to my dealer and got new seal (.89 a ft) and began taking off the strip with lots of screws off and found to much of the seal was sticking up and got caught in the rollers the slide rides on and tore the seal. Put new one on and no problems.:D
Thanks for that info.After looking at the seal a second time I was wondering if maybe that is what was happening. I will see if I can get some seal this week and replace it a little lower.