Hot water tank by pass valve

Mark O

I just took delivery of my Big Horn 3655 RD. I didn't get a owners manuel from the dealer (I bought it on line from MI and I'm in VA and had it delivered). Is there a by pass valve to open to fill up my hot water tank? If so please tell me where. Thanks

phranc

Mark ,, Perhaps I can fill in a little till someone else can contribute.. This how it works on my 3600.
On the off door side , open the storage door. The first felted hardboard panel on your right is held in place by 5 or 6 screws. remove panel and you can gain access to area behind docking center .Here you will find the valves and the rear of the water heater..

nscaler2

Why can't Heartland just publish operators manuals?

We are waiting for our dealer to call us about the 3055 we have on order and was supposed to come off the line the 3rd of this month. All that I am reading here are people with problems that they shouldn't have. What's the matter with Heartland?? :confused: I have half a mind to tell my dealer to keep the downpayment and forget the sale. I don't know if I can put up with a 5vr that the wire carriers on the slides that break, or is delivered with brakes that only work on one side of the trailer, or that fantastic fans that don't work, or that the cloths bar in the closet fall because of poor design and shoddy craftsmanship. Other problems such as a trailer that weighs 2000 pounds more than the sticker in the trailer's cabinet (especially since Heartland makes such a big deal of how they report real weight and the rest of the competition reports lies), air conditioners that are ordered and not installed, permanently mounted furniture that colides with each other when the slides are moved in, television antennas that only partiallly function, sewer hose storage that is not big enugh to contain 20 feet of hose (which is often needed to make a connection), furnace plenums not attached to the flooor thereby causing exceedingly noisy operation, shower drains that don't function properly the list just goes on and on and on. Don't really know if I want to put up with all the possible c#$*. I realize that the dealer will make an additional 10% on this trailer and the factory couldn't care less, since they have already made the sale. So this rant is probably for nothing, but I think people considering the purchase of one of these things should go in with eyes wide open.

Tom and Bobbi

nhunter

You always hear about problems that people have, but never hear about the problems that they don't have. All mass produced items will have problems from time to time but all in all I think Heartland makes a good product for the money. We have a 3600RL and have had to adjust the kitchen slide seal and 2 cabinet doors. Our weights were actually under the dry weight of the trailer by 500lbs.

Scott

Wow.

Wow. I guess the only thing I have to say to that is I remain confident that we do have far more satisfied customers than we do disatisfied. We do miss some things at the factory - but I assure you, it is not because we "coudn't care less..." but rather becasue they are built by human hands - which are not perfect.
And for the record, the dealers make a lot more money off of these sales than the manufacturers. And yes, we do rely on our dealer partners to be the front line of interaction with the retail customers and make sure that we have satisfied customers. Sometimes that works in our favor - sometimes it does not. We do, however, have no problem in replacing dealers who are not committed to the customer's satisfaction.

ST

phranc

NScaler.. holy cow... Wire under slide is OK .Brakes stop on a dime. 2 fantastic fans ,both work well, clothes bar still in place..weight just as om cabnet sticker and web site,no problem with furniture. AC works ,all electronics work including antenna..etc..
now here comes the bad part . added new sewer hose storage.cost less than 20.00 bucks .. Furnace plenum did not seal properly cost: one visit to dealer and a 1/2 hour.....I or a guest broke the dust pan of the central vac. Dealer repaired with My parts..
Doesn't sound too bad to me .. I still feel I got a lot of bang for my buck..

Took delivery of unit 2 days ago, did walk thru last Friday, 5 items all fixed within 1 hour, none major. Added 2 items and they were in place when delivered. Great workmanship, would not trade unit for twice the price.