Equa-Flex™ Suspension System

ksroll

I am new to the forum and will be picking up a 2009 3200ES this Saturday. It has the standard spring and shocks for suspension and I wanted the Equa-Flex Suspension system. It has the upgraded axle and 16"tires. The floor plan was discontinued for 2010 and it is the one the wife had to have. Is it a good idea to upgraded or will it not make that big of a difference.
We plan on taking several cross country trips from Las Vegas but will not be full timers.

grizzlygiant

I have a 2009 Sundance and am very comfortable with the conventional suspension with shocks that came with the unit. Our Sundance units are a lot lighter than the Bighorn/Landmark units so the stress when making sharp turns will be a LOT less. That said, I would like to upgrade to "wet shackles".

dtomlinson

We have a 2008 Sundance 3200SE with the 6000# axles and 16" wheels, plus the shocks. We pull it with an 05 Chev 2500 CC with D/A. It pulls and rides very well. Hardly anything moves inside during travel. We do not tie down chairs, etc. and they hardly move. Even things we leave on counters seem to stay put.

I too, was thinking about the EquaFlex, but due to experiences, have not done it. I did add the MorRyde pin box to give us less back and forth chucking in the pickup and it takes most of that out.

We really like the 3200ES floor plan and I am sure you will too. We got the optional Euro Chairs and they are very comfortable. Let me know if you have any other questions. We have towed over 10,000 miles so far.

Sundance_kid

The dealer threw in the Equa-flex when we bought our 3000SK, not knowing how the trailer towed before, have no problems and rides good. I believe it was only $300 more or less, just new I wanted it after our Keystone rough rider..........