Water pressure regulator settings

trvlrerik

I have purchased an 09 Cyclone 3912 and love it. I am new to 5th wheel camping and just figuring things out. I have been using the small water pressure regulator supplied with my city water hookup, but find the pressure is a little low. If I install a different adjusible pressure regulator what is an acceptable pressure level that will not damage any factory plumbing.

Thank You
Erik Clark

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
From what I've read here, set it somewhere between 40 - 50 psi. What is the flow rating (gpm's) for your adjustable regulator?

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hello Erik
If you have a straight inline regulator that you normally get from a dealer or from Wal-Mart, it is stamped on the side as to the pressure setting. As John said about 40-50 psi. Only thing is the thru put is about 2 - 2.5 gal per minuter. I would suggest you try either of these.

Take a look at the Watts 263A Regulator, there are a few different configurations. I have had good luck with this one.
http://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/PressureRegulators.htm

This is one that might work from Camping World..
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/adjustable-water-regulator/36032
I read some of the reviews on this one.. Not all very good.

Here is one that you most likely have now...
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/hi-flow-water-regulator/26539
Keep this one as an extra.

Some others go to Lowes and get a household regulator (same or similar to the Watts 263) and add brass water hose adapters to it and have no problems. Just look for the thru put of about 4 - 4.5 and being adjustable.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I recently ordered the N55B regulator and a double canister set up from The RV Water Filter Store. I like the idea one camper had to put it in an opaque tote under the RV, rather than trying to install it in the basement. Our TT came with a single filter canister installed under the kitchen sink. Many fine words were directed at the parents of the engineer that opted to mount it there when I had to change the filter.

Bobby A

Does anyone know what the PSI the factory tests the plumming/water lines ?? I have heard they use alot of PSI to find leaks before being shipped.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
I have installed a household type regulator into my unit. It goes on behind the city water inlet. There is a lot of room in our unit to do this. Parts were easy to find at Home Depot and install took about 1 hour.

trvlrerik

Wow! I did not expect much response from my question, I appreciate the input a lot. I think I will start simple and look for an in-line higher gallon per minute unit.

Just fyi, I have never been made to feel so welcome by a huge group of people (the world of RVs). I can see why my friends urged me to purchase an RV. I can finally show my kids people that still understand "the Golden Rule".

Thank You
Erik Clark