Forum Down??

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have been trying for two days to log into the forum and was finally able to just a few minutes ago. Linuxkidd FYI my DSL went down for a day. When it came back up I could log into everything in all of my bookmarks but heartlandowners.org. I flusheddns several times without positive results. Finally I shut down my browser, then did the cmd flushdns thing, then reloaded my browser and manually typed in the hearlandowners forum address and it loaded. For some reason it would not load if I used the bookmark. I am going to resave the bookmark and try to load it again from the bookmark and maybe it will work. Anyway it is working right now. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem or not, but I wanted to let you know.

beardedone

Beardedone
I had the same problem for about 2 days and then it was ok this morning. Just a few minutes ago I hit the site on my favourites button and it wouldn't work. Hit it the second time and here we are. My computer needs a shrink.

HarleyRyder

Retired Gunslinger
I too could not get the forum to load however it made no difference if I used the bookmark or manually typed in the web address. This went on for about a day and a half.

It began working again this morning using the bookmark.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Its been up and down for me. Makes no difference how I try to get into the site when its down. I just get an address can't be found message.

It was down most of Saturday, up most of yesterday until last night when it was down again.
Kristy

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
I did have the same problem and I happen to think that I did the ipconfig/flushdns on my laptop but didn't on the desk top. I had no problem getting to the forum on laptop but not desk top. I did the ipconfig/flushdns yesterday on the desktop and now I don't have any trouble. For the ones that don't have the procedure: click on start, then run, then type CMD & hit enter. When the black screen comes up type: ipconfig/flushdns and hit enter, then it should say dns cash flushed. I waited for awhile and clicked on my bookmark for the forum and it logged in.
Hope this helps
Bill

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I did have the same problem and I happen to think that I did the ipconfig/flushdns on my laptop but didn't on the desk top. I had no problem getting to the forum on laptop but not desk top. I did the ipconfig/flushdns yesterday on the desktop and now I don't have any trouble. For the ones that don't have the procedure: click on start, then run, then type CMD & hit enter. When the black screen comes up type: ipconfig/flushdns and hit enter, then it should say dns cash flushed. I waited for awhile and clicked on my bookmark for the forum and it logged in.
Hope this helps
Bill

Try getting the blipping change to register under Ubuntu...took a call from LinuxKidd to set me right.

I keep forgetting that I'm not running Linux, or Unix...I'm running Ubuntu...and it's an entity to its own self.

Remember, if the problem is that the DNS change has not propagated throughout the DNS tree...you can ipconfig until your fingers fall off, you can't read what is not there. My ISP takes days and days to catch a major ip address change.

Mike gave me a dns server he has control of...and all things once again worked.

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
I had the same problem, I contacted EVDOalex on another forum, to see if he was having a problem. He wasn't so he had me add IP addresses for the DNS server. I have the directions of what I did, and the forum came right up.

Thanks EVDOalex

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
Well I'm back to square 1. Still got a problem with my desktop. I get the message that the site doesn't exist. Why can't you just log on the forum without having to go thru all this extra stuff to get there. I know the changes were made, but why so difficult.
I guess I'll have to give Mike a call when I get home. On a short trip right now.
Bill

Hope this helps
Bill

phranc

weird.. couldn't log in with the win xp box , did manually type in url and it worked.
Linux Ubuntu box logged right in w/ no prob... go figure

ct0218

An hour ago I tried everything and couldn't log on, just like several days ago. Yesterday no problem, and no problem just a few minutes ago either. Strange that it comes and goes like that.