Direct TV Remote

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have Direct TV with a D-11 receiver in the living room in the Landmark. The bedroom TV and basement TV work off the same receiver.

Problem1: I cannot change the channel on the receiver in the bedroom or outside. The IF (infra-red) remote transmitter you have to point at the receiver to make it work.

Possible solution: Get an RF (radio frequency) remote transmitter as it will work through walls.

Problem2: I found out the D11 receiver is not RF capable

Solution to both problems: I went to Radio Shack and bought an IF to RF converter. This has receivers that hook up to each TV that will convert IF to RF and then back to IF again. So all I need to do is hook up each IF/RF converter in each area and it will make the system work right. That way I can change the channel of the living room receiver in the bedroom.

BTW the pair of IF/RF converter were $47.00 with tax.

RESULT - PROBLEM SOLVED....

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We bought a similar device on the web. It replaces one of the batteries in the remote with a rf device and battery adapter. It signals a receiver/transmitter placed in the room the direct tv receiver is in and relays the remote signal. Pretty cool technology.