3950 AC units

sporlan

Hello, I have a 2009 3950 with 1 AC unit. Can I install another smaller AC unit for the garage and not over load my generator if I run both?
Thanks

Mike Aplin

To answer your question, we do not prep for an A/C unit in the garage from the factory, and yes, your 5.5KW gen. would have enough power to run two A/C's. We prep all Cyclones from the factory for two A/C's, but the second air would be located in the bedroom, not the garage. Thank you.

sporlan

To answer your question, we do not prep for an A/C unit in the garage from the factory, and yes, your 5.5KW gen. would have enough power to run two A/C's. We prep all Cyclones from the factory for two A/C's, but the second air would be located in the bedroom, not the garage. Thank you.

Do you have a layout for where the bedroom AC would be? Is there wire pulled? Is the roof framing set up for it?
Thanks

Mike Aplin

The power vent in the bedroom is where the optional 2nd A/C would be installed. It is pre-wired and the roof framing is already set up for it as standard equipment in all Cyclone floor plans.

Mike have a question for you I have a 2009 3950 on the main air the duct comes out on the door side and that where the are, but if you look in air you have a duct coming out off door side with no ducts why is this and where does this duct go because in Alabama you need more air than my 15,000 puts out, I do have the air in bed room but need another in toy compartment, very hot in summer back there with one duct vent... Tate

Mike Aplin

I aplologize for just now getting back to you, I was out of the office for two weeks and I am back in this morning. I am a little confused as to your questions about the ducts in the main living area? I can say that we are told that it is a code violation to run an A/C unit in the garage area, therefore, we only run an A/C duct to that area in the garage. We do provide the fant. fan with thermostat as standard equipment in the garage to help assist with the air flow in the garage. Please let me know if I can try and answer any and all of your questions regarding your Cyclone. Thank you for being part of the Heartland RV family!!