Trailer Lift Bags

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I know many folks have installed airbags on their TV's, but have any of you seen air bags used under the RV tires to level it, side to side? I remember seeing a fellow at the campground last year put two small airbags under his tires and inflate them. He left the next day before I could ask him about them. They looked similar to the high pressure airbags used for rescue/vehicle extrication.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
John, there is a very old thread somewhere on this forum discussing this. It actually started with someone that had made their own lift bags. I try and find it and post a link. Here's the link. It wasn't as hard to find as I thought.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=3542&highlight=leveling&page=5

Last edited:

boatdoc

There is a guy over at RV.vet, washboy, I beleive, that did a whole bunch of trials on homemade ones a came up with some good stuff. You may wonder over there and look it up.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
John, there is a very old thread somewhere on this forum discussing this. It actually started with someone that had made their own lift bags. I try and find it and post a link. Here's the link. It wasn't as hard to find as I thought.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=3542&highlight=leveling&page=5

Thanks, Ray. I linked to that thread. The ones I saw looked like they were commercially made, maybe that's the defunct company mentioned in one of the posts. With the home made ones, a piece of 1/2" plywood under them would prevent any punctures from sharp stones. Looks like a simple project.