26 rks heater

denali

Hello all, new to forum, I just took posseeeion of a new o8 North Trail 26rks. So before any use and sitting in the drive I was running all the systems. All work but the furnace does work but seems to me to be very lacking in the amount of heat it puts out. The outside temp right now is abt 43 deg. At the rate this heater generates heat, I would freeze before long. Any an all input welcome. Thanks Pat

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
denali, start with the basics. Make sure you have the LP tanks on. Both of them. Light your stove top burner and make sure you are getting a decent flame up there. You may also want to light the hot water heater. This is to insure you are getting LP into the lines. Keep trying on the furnace. It sometimes takes several minutes for it to ignite. It has a safety feature built in. If it fails to light in a certain number of tries, it will only blow the fan. Shut the themostat off and try again. If all else fails, it may be time for a trip or call to the dealer. Hope you get it going with this.

denali

26rks heater

Thanks Ray for the reply. The heater does come on however the heat is minumal to say the least, if the heat out of the vents were as hot as the outside exhaust I would be happy. It is barely warm. The heater in the previous tt makes this one ajoke to say the least. We have yet to use this new tt and early spring here in Pa. the temps can get a little low overnight. At my age I like it just a little warm in the am :D . The range burners work just fine. I imagine I will have to work out a few bugs with this tt as most of us do I suppose. Pat

techman

Do all the vents have an equal amount of hot air coming out? Some of the heating ducts maybe compressed in the walls and floor. There has also been an issue with too much air coming out of the bathroom vents which can be fixed with new adjustable vent cover to block the heat.

Many people will also pick up an electric heater and use it. Since you are already paying for the electric it can save your $$ on propane. Just make sure you DO NOT use the stove top burners to heat the camper. Carbon Monoxide is a silent killer.

Hart

We have an 09 26RKS. As said, I posted regarding the mod of adjustable vent particularly for bathrm duct. Ours was so hot & very little heat was getting into bedrm. Part of the reason is that the ducting into bedrm is much narrower & of course longer run from the furnace. If you don't have hot in bathrm there is something wrong with furnace operation for sure. Hope this helps!

Also have read that others have found cutout pieces & other trash inside ducting preventing heat flow.

Last edited: