Dealer Info Wanted

DennisZ

I'm getting ready to order a BH 3055RL and have seen a wide variation in selling prices. So for the best deal I've found is from Lakeshore RV in MI. Has anyone done business with them and are they a good dealer?? The wife is a little nervous about buying a rig from a dealer that far away.

The 3055 seems to meet all our needs and looks like the rig for us (we are updating from a 1978 5'er!!).

Thanks
DZ

driver311

have you tried rv's for less in knoxville? they have the best prices around, and will deliver.

driver311;)

ChopperBill

Butch at RV's for Less knows more about Heartlands than any dealer I came across. Unfortunately he is almost 1500 miles away from us. Our dealer about 35 miles away finally gave us a deal close to what Butch did or I would have made the trip.

DennisZ

Thanks for the info, I contacted Butch at RV's for Less today and had a great conversation with him, he sounds like an upfront guy. It's down to either him or Lakeshore. It doesn't appear that any of our local BH dealers are serious about making a deal even close the the prices at these dealerships.

Dennis

svd

When calling Lakeshore, ask for John. They delivered 7 units the Saturday we were there. We were the only ones from Michigan! There was a family there from Cincinnati, and another from St. Louis. Both had driven there to pickup units site unseen. They will deliver anywhere. Good luck!

ChopperBill

These local stealer's have got to learn that us stupid consumers have finally figured out to use our computers and are willing to drive a day or two and save a few thousand bucks. We shouldn't have to shop all over the country to get a fair shake.

nscaler2

I don't need to sound argumentative here at all. However, when warranty service is needed, which dealer does one take his rv back to for repairs. Will the dealer that is close even talk to you at that time. We were in the same dillema before ordering our 3055. We finally worked out a deal with the local dealer(120 miles away) that was close to but not quite a good as the one in MI. However the one in MI is 700 miles away, so closer service became a concerne. It isn't cheep to haul one of these things around. And from what I can read on this board we will all need to take our 5vr to the dealer for something (one or more of a miriad of things) because the QC isn't the greatest. So to us proximity of the dealer became a factor.

ChopperBill

Agree is some respect. But when you are talking almost $5000 in my case it sure can be a factor. When I got to $1000 difference in price I figured I couldn't travel for that. Yes I do have some satisfaction of buying locally, but please don't take me to the cleaners for doing so.

svd

For us it is a 3 hour drive, but I understand your point. I guess I don't see how it would be different if you were traveling, and were 700 miles from home, and where you bought the trailer. As it was explained to me, you take the unit to the nearest dealer for warranty work, which is reimbursed by the factory. If it is a critical problem, the nearest RV dealer for any line (not necessarily a Heartland dealer) can make the repair and get paid by Heartland.

DennisZ

The latest on prices

After trying to negotiate with our local dealers for a competitive price on a BH 3055, 2 dealers didn't want to quote a special order price, only talk about in stock units, and one dealer is still somewhere over $5000 more than the prices I'm getting from several out of state dealers.
My biggest concern was with warranty work, but after talking with Coley at the factory this morning, he assured me that any problems would be handeled by either the local dealeror if they refused, he would find a dsealer to work on the unit. To me, this shows the concern Heartland has for customer satisifaction. Hope to be placing the order by this weekend.

Dennis

bajaron

Bajaron
DennisZ

If you find a local dealer with a good price please let me know.:)
I don't think it's possible to get a good deal in SO. Cal:(

DennisZ

I tried

Baja
I checked with ALL the So Cal dealers, and got the same response... No deals on a special order, and the deal they had on the in stock units wasn't much better. I guess they want to make all their profit in one sale and not in volume.... Their loss.

njmurvin

nscaler2 said:
I don't need to sound argumentative here at all. However, when warranty service is needed, which dealer does one take his rv back to for repairs. Will the dealer that is close even talk to you at that time. We were in the same dillema before ordering our 3055. We finally worked out a deal with the local dealer(120 miles away) that was close to but not quite a good as the one in MI. However the one in MI is 700 miles away, so closer service became a concerne. It isn't cheep to haul one of these things around. And from what I can read on this board we will all need to take our 5vr to the dealer for something (one or more of a miriad of things) because the QC isn't the greatest. So to us proximity of the dealer became a factor.
I'd love to hear more about the statement, "QC isn't the greatest". Care to elaborate? I'm still in the deciding stage between a Heartland Sundance or Bighorn and a Cruiser or Alumascape.

Trap

Our local dealer thinks they have a monopoly. They have there price and will not budge. On the 3055RL they want over 12k more than RVs for Less. On the 3400RL they want 17k more. Heartland suggested list Difference between the 3055 and 3400 is $3000.00. They want 10K more for the 3400RL. You can save 4k by ordering at the shows. We'll give them a chance but with the boom in the oil industry right now and there gouging I think we'll be making a trip south when were ready to order.

Trap

Last edited:
J

jjjelm

Lakeshore

svd said:
We purchased from Lakeshore, and are very happy.

We ordered our BH 3055RL from Lakeshore Ap13. ( do not have the 5th wheel yet). We live 1300 miles away and saved about $2000.00 over the closest dealer 80 miles away. We are a little worried about getting anything done at another Big Horn dealer and hope it doesn't become a problem. How do your Big Horn owners handle the repair "thing" if you didn't buy local and anything else we should know about Lakeshore ?? Wonderful Wyoming

jpmorgan37

I bought my Grand Canyon from RV's for Less in Knoxville. I drove 1000.6 miles each way to pick it up. I needed a couple of items after I got back to Texas and Butch sent me some and Heartland sent me one. I am currently in Minnesota and needed my Convection oven replaced. I took it to and independent repair shop and Dometic handled it, no questions asked. My closest dealer is over 400 miles away and I know that Heartland will take care of me through an independent service center. I am going to the Rally and have an appointment with a repair shop in Elkhart that was arranged by Heartland. If you want to get the best deal, go to RV's for Less. Then work with Butch or Heartland to get your warranty repairs taken care of. A thorough PDI will resolve most of your warranty problems. Neither Butch or Heartland will leave you hanging IMHO.

John