indicator panel

jmaguire

On our indicator panel it has the levels, and a switch that says heater. There is also another switch marked electric water heater. Whats the deal. Wich is the gas water heater and wich is the electric and do I still need to turn on the switch in the water heater for the electric?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
jmaguire, the switches on the monitor panel are for LP operation. When running the heater on 110/120 make sure the LP switch is off. The switch on the heater itself, behind the outside access panel, is for 110/120 operation and can be left on all the time. The inside switch for 110/120 can be used to turn the electric operation on and off. It's ok to use both LP and electric at the same time for faster recovery but I can't really tell the difference. We run on AC all the time.
I've also moved your question out of the ask the factory section because I think this answers your question.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
On our indicator panel it has the levels, and a switch that says heater. There is also another switch marked electric water heater. Whats the deal. Wich is the gas water heater and wich is the electric and do I still need to turn on the switch in the water heater for the electric?

John,

Ray is right on with his answer. Just to clarify a little - if your Eagle Ridge is like my Sundance, the lighted switch labeled heater under the level guages is for turning on the propane heat for the HWH. The lighted wall plate swith labeled HWH turns on the main power for the HWH. You should also have a small plain black switch in the HWH compartment (mine is partially hidden behind some of the plumbing). Both the lighted switch in the trailer and the small rocker switch in the HWH compartment have to be on to run the HWH on electricity. You can run on either or both. We usually run both when we first get to a campground to get hot water just a little quicker, then switch to just electricity because if "free". CAUTION: Do not run the HWH on electricity until it has filled up with water. You'll burn out the heating element.

Gus