Shower Drain

BigBlue

BigBlue
Scott

I'm having some problem with our shower drain. I wanted to take the trap off to clean it and found that I can't get it off. The trap is glued on one side. Is this normal?
The only way you could get the trap off would be to loosen the end of the trap that is not glued and then take the entire drain out of the shower. That doesn't seem right to me.
Jim

Scott

Sorry BigBlue

Sorry BigBlue - I get all of the posts every day and yours just slipped through the crack on me somehow. If your shower drain is glued down - yes I would think that is a mistake. If you need assistance, we will pay for the dealer to figure out how to get it loose, or replace it.
Besides that, I don't know what to tell you. I have never heard of this before.

ST

BigBlue

BigBlue
Scott
It's not the shower drain that's glued down, one end of the trap is glued to the tailpiece from the shower drain. Because of this there is no way for you to remove the trap and clean it.

Scott

Trap

I apologize. I have never heard of this before. The only thing I can tell you is that if you feel you need to have the plumbing worked on to alleiviate this issue, set up an appointment with your Heartland dealer and we will work with them to resolve it.

BigBlue

BigBlue
Now I'm confused. I brought the Monticello into World Wide RV for some other warranty work and asked them to look into the plumbing issue. I was told by Cameron of World Wide RV that they spoke to the factory and that my plumbing was correct.
I would like to know the rationale for the glued connection before I go and change it to what is normal for a plumbing trap. I plan to cut the glued section out and put in a trap with a flange connection on both ends so in the future I can easily clean it.

BigBlue

BigBlue
No not yet.
I'm waiting for an answer to my question on the rationale for the glued connection. If there is a reason for it I won't mess with it. If not then I plan on redoing the layout so I can clean the trap when I need to.