Portable dump tank

Johnm

I wanna go camping - NOW
How do you carry your portable dump tank? I'm talking about the one you dump your RV waste tanks into and then tow to the dump station. I currently strap it in the bed of the truck but I'd like to figure out an easy way to hang it from the rear ladder. Any ideas?

Thanks,

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I am like you I carry it in the truck bed but I have seen many carry it on the rear ladder. Those that I have seen just bungie cord it to the ladder. If you put it handle side up you can run the bungie cords through the handle to help secure it.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have seen them strapped to the underside of the 5er. One member uses the nylon web belts that have a rachet on one end. Some have taken a metal strap, similar to a heavy duty plumbers tape, and made a cage under the fiver.

I am thinking of doing the same thing. It seems to ride well infront of the spare tire.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I think Bob was talking about us...here is how we have carried our 30 gallon tank for almost two years...works great no problem whatsoever.

000_0035-1.jpg

We used two heavy-duty rachet straps and criss-crossed them under the tank between the rear jacks and the spare tire. We also wrapped around the pivoting wheel post to make sure it didn't slide out. Hope this helps!

Johnm

I wanna go camping - NOW
Thanks for all the replies. I like the bike (or chair) rack idea. I'll have to look into those.

Thanks again,