Landmark Augusta DeWinterize

phoenix50

Does anyone have a step by step cheat sheet on de-winterizing and winterizing? I had TTs but this is a little different and I do not want to miss a step.
I have the double door SS ref. but I cannot find the shut off valve but I do have a call into Heartland. Dometic was not much help. Appparently my product on the fridge door is not correct and the ser # on my warranty doesn't match.
I want to get everything up and runnung before I pull out.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Does anyone have a step by step cheat sheet on de-winterizing and winterizing? I had TTs but this is a little different and I do not want to miss a step.
I have the double door SS ref. but I cannot find the shut off valve but I do have a call into Heartland. Dometic was not much help. Appparently my product on the fridge door is not correct and the ser # on my warranty doesn't match.
I want to get everything up and runnung before I pull out.

The valve for the refer's in-door water and ice maker is behind the UDC. You will have to remove the wall in the basement behind the UDC then look for a chrome valve with black plastic handle/knob. I wish I had my pics here at work to show you. Maybe I will find them tonight. I elected to not winterize the supply line to the refer, I just blew air through it. Made a neat little adapter for my air compressor. Jim B. and I were talking about it and I went downstairs to the shop and put one together, have pics somewhere for that too.

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
Mark you make me laugh about your lot number at the rallies....see ya in June.

phoenix50

I also made an adapter for my air compressor to winterize my TTs in the past. I didn't find the valve where I thought it should be, access door to refer, and I don't think they shut it off. I have water flowing to the door and will see if I have ice tomorrow. When you winterize would you close that valve & disconnect the feeds at the solenoid after the anti freeze is in? I usually blow out the lines and then add anti freeze.

jbeletti

phoenix50,

Artie and Karen,

I will give you some quick advice on de-winterizing so you can get it done and take your first trip.

Open the off-door-side storage door at the UDC and look for a sticker stuck to the inside of that door on the process.

Some basics to de-winterizing your Augusta:

1. Outside at the UDC, flip the Winterize valve to Normal. DO NOT move the Water Heater Bypass Valve yet.
  2. Add water to your fresh water tank, turn on the water pump
  3. Connect city water to the City Water connection in the UDC - DO NOT turn the water on yet
  4. Go inside the RV and run every cold water tap until all the anti-freeze (usually pink) is clear of the lines.
  5. Do the same for the shower, the toilet, the washer/dryer connections and the outside shower. Ice maker is trickier so I will not detail here
  6. Turn water pump OFF
  7. Turn water ON for City Water connection
  8. Repeat steps 3 & 4
  9. Back outside in the UDC, rotate the Water Heater Bypass valve to Normal
  10. Repeat steps 3 & 4 but for the hot water taps
  11. Turn water OFF for City Water connection

Done

For the Ice Maker - either deal with several rounds of pink ice cubes or, force the ice maker to into several ice harvest cycles. The process is in the Dometic manual for the refer

Last edited: