Maxxis Tires being used now?

itsbeertime

I questioned my dealer today about a tire upgrade and was told that HL is now using Maxxis tires on at least the BC's and they have had no problems with them therefore there is no option for an upgrade. Can anyone confirm this??? This could be really good news, it it's true...

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We had a Jayco with Maxxis tires. Only had it for two years before we bought our Bighorn but they seemed like a good tire. At least you see advertising for them in magazines for whatever that's worth. I just visited their website. They appear to be a reputable corporation.

itsbeertime

Thanks, I have heard good things about them.

I am now second guessing myself. I'm wondering if I just heard Maxxis because I didn't want to hear Mission. Maybe they did tell me Mission and I just heard something different. Can anyone confirm either of these? I'm going to ask again later on when they open.

B

bwwalczak

Tires

Good questions about tires.

All Big Countrys with 6,000lbs axles come standard with E-rated tires. Currently we are building with a brand called TowMax. These models include 2950, 3250, 3285, 3355, and 3550.

All Big Countrys with 7,000lbs axles come standard with G-rated tires. Currently we are building with a brand called Road King. These models include 3494, 3500, and 3550.

The brand names of the tires may change from time to time, but they are built and manufactured to high levels of quality to get the rating. What we are using in these catagories is top of the line.

itsbeertime

Thanks for the up to date info Bryan. It's appreciated very much. With all the concern about tires I'm really surprised HL does not offer an option for a tire upgrade though. I kind of stinks to have to plunk down another $800 or so after the fact for new tires. My current rig had a tire upgrade for $200 (5 years ago) and it was the best money I ever spent.

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
Due to the topic: My friend a very reliable "tire guru" said the best for me to go with in his expert opinion was the MAXXIS" tires.