Skid protection for dragging rear end?

L'l John

I have not seen any comments about protection for the rear of the BH 5'er.
I have a dip in my driveway coming from the street that concerns me. I never had a problem with my motorhome but it does come pretty close to dragging.
I have just sold the motorhome and plan to place an order for a new 3400 in the coming days, and would like to be able to protect it from dragging.
Is it possible to have skid protection installed on the new unit from the factory or dealer?
Thanks

nhunter

Just an fyi the rear of our 3600 is just nicely over 2 feet off the ground but then again you might have a really big bump.

jbeletti

L'l John,

Consider posting your question in the Bighorn Ask The Factory forum so the factory can also see your question and weigh in on it.

I have not heard of a Heartland factory skid plate option but I have not been in the market for 2 years now either.

I am sure a decent welder/RV Tech can do a great job for you. I've seen them on TTs before. Haven't seen them on 5ers before but I'm sure someone has needed it/done it.

Best of luck and let us know if you end up needing it and getting it. It would be great to see pictures of it.

Jim