Water

sporlan

Does the factory pressure test all the water lines in the trailers before selling them? Also I know for sure they do not water/leak test the exterior of the coach before they sell them. Check out my other post in the general forum. This is the last Heartland trailer me or any of my family and friends will own.:mad:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Does the factory pressure test all the water lines in the trailers before selling them? Also I know for sure they do not water/leak test the exterior of the coach before they sell them. Check out my other post in the general forum. This is the last Heartland trailer me or any of my family and friends will own.:mad:

Ok Sporlan, I will bite...what kind of RV do you have? If it leaks have you contacted the dealer or Heartland? Did you buy it new or used? Where is the leak? Your post leaves me with a lot of unanswered questions. :confused:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
BTW I did see your other post but some may not have. That is why you need to provide more information. I know you are upset but please try to get those that can help involved before you totally give up. Once you work out your problems you may find you have a unit that will serve you well. I have talked to a number of RVers who changed to a different brand and jumped from the frying pan into the fire. Remember the old saying, "be careful what you wish for because it might come true".

viking4545

sounds like your problem might be with your dealer. I also have a Cyclone, and would recomend it to anyone along with my dealer. I had some minor issues that my dealer caught during delivery, two of them water leaks that were fixed very easily. I also live in Oh and think you might want to try a different dealer if no help from Heartland.

I am a contractor also, and can say that fit and finish need some attention, but not any worse than the $300,000 motorhomes I see.

fhollan

When I bought mine three years ago, during the PDI everything was fine. The guy that took me through it had the water pressure on and no leaks. The first time we went out, we went about 70 miles to the south, hooked on to outside water, and a fitting during the trip came loose underneath the kitchen sink. Now that happens. The complainant above needs to give more information on his problem and I'm sure he'll get the help.

davelinde

I've had four minor leaks in compression fittings since I took delivery - none were leaking at delivery, we put water pressure on the system for several hours during the PDI. It happens. I don't like it either... but plumbing in RV's leaks.

kkamshop

Water leaks can be major problems, or not. We were fortunate to find our problem before any major damage was done, but if we had not parked on a slope causing a scary amount of water to run out of the belly we might not have found the leak.

Ours turned out to be 2 cracked elbow fittings on the back side of the UDC although we also had a couple of loose fittings. We did not find it during our PDI, but being do-it-yourselfers we just jumped in and starting checking the entire plumbing systems.

We ended up dropping the coroplast, pulling out 30 pounds of dripping insulation, drying it out, and replacing the insulation. Was it expensive - no - less than $50 for new insulation. Was it time-consuming - yes - but now we know it is fixed and we learned a lot about where things are below the floor.

Friends ask why we didn't go back to the dealer, we wanted to know it was fixed correctly and that the cracked fittings were the original source of the leak.

To the OP, I agree these things should not happen on a new unit, but %#$ happens. Just get it fixed and enjoy it or trade it and get something else, life is too short.

sporlan

Well it's finally fixed. Last week we had a nice Saturday. I removed the window completely and sealed everything. We have had a couple of rain storms. I have checked it and it's DRY!!! I am very glad to have it fixed. I didn't want to get into it but I know this was a issue known by the dealer or factory before I bought it. Somebody used a LOT os silicone to try and seal up the rubber that runs along the bump out. It was at the bottom where the rain was getting into the coach and on the carpet. I checked all the other bump outs in the same place. This was a known issue by SOMEBODY. No point in getting into it. I fixed it just like all the other stuff on this coach I have not even posted here.
I don't understand a lot of manufactures quality control. I figure most consumers either don't care about quality or people settle for taking things in to be repaired all the time. I am sure glad I have the ability to fix my own stuff. Time is way to valuable to waste on trips to the dealer/seller.;)