Hoping to be a Heartland Owner

Yianni

I'm new to this forum and to Heartland products. I posted in another area but I think my post languished in an area not often viewed.
I'm wondering if anyone has info. on the 2010 Cyclone 3010 5th wheel.
Here is a link to one at a dealer with pictures.
http://www.panpacificrvs.com/6685.html

I have yet to look at a Heartland in person but they look to be good quality from pics. I've seen. I may see some at the rv show in Sacramento, Ca this weekend.
Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

jimtoo

Hi Yianni,
Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Heartland does build a good quality unit and I think you would be very happy with one.

Jim M

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Welcome Yianni, yes, Heartland does build a quality unit and they stand behind there work. You've also got a great bunch of folks on this owners forum to draw experience from. Just ask a question and someone has experienced it, seen it, or done it. Good luck in finding just the right unit for you. I know you won't regret it.
Keith

Niles

I think you'll find that Heartland builds a very good RV, not perfect, it was man made you know. We searched for a long time, I wasn't ready to give up the toyhauler, but we did and have been very happy with the BH. IMO the Heartland gives more bang for your buck than anything out there, good luck in your search, that's half the fun looking at all different trailers and comparing.

Detmer

Yianni,

The particular unit you are looking at, a 2010 model 3010 5th wheel is a new floor plan for 2010. It is replacing the Cyclone model 3210 which I happen to own a 2009 model.
I have been very happy with the unit. I have had a couple of very minor problems.(TV remote stop working, Door lock broke- all handled expeditiously by the dealer). But in general the trailer has been very solid.
Find yourself a good dealer. The trailer will be fine.
I know there is a post on this forum under "Cyclone" that has the floor plan for the 3010. I don't think that I have seen any actual pictures though.

Yianni

Thanks everyone for the welcome.
The original link I had put in changed so I have added an updated link with pictures if anyone is interested in seeing pictures of the 3010.
This dealer is about an hour from us so we may pack up the kids one day and go have a look.
New link is in original post.
My only worry is the pin weight. We have a 2008 GMC D/A. The pin weight on this Cyclone is around 2500 lbs.
Thanks.

Yianni

Yianni, you didn't say one important thing about the TV. Is it a 3/4 or 1 TN.

Yes, very sorry. That would be important. It's a 2500 HD.
We are on our second travel trailer and this would be the first 5th wheel so these weights are a little foreign.
We are looking at toy haulers because from trial and error I've found I don't want to lug a heavy Honda around anymore and don't want to fool with 2 2000's. Also we dry camp so the 100 gal fresh and large gray tank are what I've been looking for. I also like the garage area for bikes, bbq, firewood etc.
I've seen some of the lighter side door haulers but they don't come with gen option or large tanks.
Thanks for the help.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Yianni, at 2500# you will probable be ok, I said probably. If you were to put 265x75x16's on your TV, you will raise the weight rating on the tires. The 245's are about 3K each. The 265's are ,I think, 3400 each. What is the GWR on the coach? Your TV should have a GCVW rating of 22K. There are hundreds of posts on the forum about this and lots of opinions. Type in the words "weights" in the search box. Im sure you will find lots of information. BTW, with a toy hauler, putting weight in the rear will reduce the pin weight. Bob:D

mabyrnes

New 3010 Fifth Wheel Owner

We took delivery of our new 3010 fifth wheel just yesterday and love it. It is our first trailer ever and we plan to put our two Vulcan 1500's in it and hit the road. We hope to be able to take our dog along with us.

Our 3010 was purchased for $**** Cdn, (plus taxes) brand spanking new, and has a lot of the fancy options in it: electric beds in back, electric awning, hard wood cabinets, fantastic fans, etc. We also put (at additional cost) solar panels on it and we added the generator, too.

We tow it with a 2009 Ford F-250 and it tows like a dream. Hardly know it's there.

Beautiful unit, very well put together, lots of head room.

I think you will love this unit!

Last edited by a moderator:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Yianni
Not sure this is what you want to hear. But it is something to consider.
The 3010 has a GVRW of 14,000, a dry weight of 11,525 and a pin weight of 2,530.
I have a F250 and with a 45 gal fuel tank in the back (about 300#) and the pin weight of the BH3400 I am very close to the limit of the cargo capacity. The pin weight is not as much as a toyhauler. The 3010 is the lightest of the Cyclones but if I were you I would really look into what your 2500 will haul. You are going to be very close to your capacity. This is not saying you can’t pull the 3010 but I would take it to a Cat scales and check the weight on the rear axle when you have it fully loaded to go on a trip before you actually take the trip.
I am not the weight police and don’t want to be. I am just trying to encourage you to check closely the weight in your truck. 2500# in a ¾ ton with nothing else is about the limit.
BC

mabyrnes

3010 and F250

Our 2009 F-250 Super Duty can pull fifth wheel weights of up to 16,500 pounds, which is in line with the Cyclone 3010 specs. We've had no trouble hauling it around at all. Don't even know it's there. This was all new to us, of course, and we had to rely on a lot of people who know about all of this kind of stuff. Our Heartland dealer suggested this truck and outfitted us with the fifth wheel hitch. He told us it was an ideal truck for this trailer, and as I said, it's been great so far. We didn't even need air bags, which we had purchased and arranged to have installed, as the truck didn't drop very much in back and our dealer told us they were not necessary on this truck with this trailer.