Electric blankets???

mdmddouglas

I had no clue where to put this post exactly.

Does anyone ever use electric blankets on their beds in their campers? We do not like to keep the heat up at night, but we like a bit of warmth from the electric blankets at home. I'm just curious as to whether this is a good idea or not.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I'm probably not the best one to answer this because we don't do a lot of "cold weather" camping, but we do carry an electic blanket in the last coach and have used it on occasion with no problems

rick7t7

Sure, we've used one. We have flannel sheets and they are really warm when the temps are fairly cool. But for those sub-freezing nights, we use an electric blanket. There should be no reason you can't.

boatdoc

Diana wouldn't get in a bed unless it was warmed up by an electric blanket. Even boondocking, I'll fire up the little genny for as long as it takes to get the chill out of those blankets since it won't work on the inverter.

Duramax1

Our last trailer, a Rockwood from Forest River, had a heated mattress. We really enjoyed and used that feature on many of our spring and fall trips to high mountain areas.

My wife misses that feature in our Sundance.

Rather than purchasing an electric blanket, we would be inclined to purchase an electric mattress pad we found that having warmth coming from below was very effective.

nscaler2

In the mountains

We spend most of our time in the Rockies at near 8000 feet. Even in the summer, the nights can get a little chilly. We would not be without our electric blanket. It allows us to set the thermostat at between 55-60 and stay warm in bed on the rv park's electric dime, instead of our own propane.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We saw a mattress pad at the Good Sam Rally in Perry Georgia last year. That pad believe it our not would keep you warm or cool depending on the person. It was the darndest thing I ever seen. You could put you hand on it if your hand was hot and it would cool your hand, if it was cool it would warm it. I can't remember what the name of the company was but our friends bought one because she is cold at night and he is hot and after buying it they were both comfortable. They claimed it was wonderful. I am sure it will be selling again at this years Good Sam Rally in Albuquerque, NM.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Just like Duramax1, we had heated mattresses in our pop up camper and now I like the heated mattress pad with dual controls
Peace
Dave

laffman

My Rockwood Roo hybrid had heated mattresses on the pop out ends. They were great. Got a new electric blanket for Christmas, so the old one is going in the Sundance.

NWTFHunter

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
Electric blankets

Hello fellow Missourian...We keep the electric blanket on the bed in the fall, winter, and spring for cool nights. When we go to Gulf Shores in the winter there are some cool nights, low thirties, so it feels good. We, and most folks at our campground, also use a electric space heater to minimize use of propane furnace.

Check out info on the Missouri Rally this fall. Hope you folks are able to attend.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Hello fellow Missourian...We keep the electric blanket on the bed in the fall, winter, and spring for cool nights. When we go to Gulf Shores in the winter there are some cool nights, low thirties, so it feels good. We, and most folks at our campground, also use a electric space heater to minimize use of propane furnace.

Check out info on the Missouri Rally this fall. Hope you folks are able to attend.

Got Pitbulls...don't need no steenkin' electric blankets.

//heartlandowners.org/picture.php?albumid=32&pictureid=114

Paul & Nan

We have used electric mattress pads in house and RV for years--best thing since bubblegum. Turn on, warm bed, turn off--electric blanket just throws heat up into room, mattress pad warms whole bed. If the joints are achey it is like a giant heating pad. Nan

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Reminds me of the singing group 3 Dog Night. Is it a 1, 2, or 3 Dog night. If it is real cold then it is a 3 Dog Night. LOL

Last edited:

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
We have used electric mattress pads in house and RV for years--best thing since bubblegum. Turn on, warm bed, turn off--electric blanket just throws heat up into room, mattress pad warms whole bed. If the joints are achey it is like a giant heating pad. Nan

I may steal your idea for next winter. Got too much going on in my RV right now. The bedroom looks like it was hit by a rough terrain forklift.

yoopercv

Definitely we use an electric blanket to take the chill off. Came in really handy a couple of nights in Florida when they had frost warnings and really didn't need to have the heat on. Another good item to take along is a small space heater to take the chill off in the a.m.

fpratt

Electric Blankets

We have had two set of electrict blankets and they have both failed; as to the why I don't know. Our second set will be sent back to the mfg.:(