Sealing Access hole in UDC after hookup

rjr6150

How do you all go about sealing the access hole after removing the cap from the bottom of the UDC and hooking up the water hose along with either sat feed or cable tv line. Have seen a product called critter guard just not sure this is the way to go.

Thanks

SmokeyBare

Try using some Foam Rubber... craft stores sell square pieces designed for chair cushions... might even get lucky to find a round shaped piece.

Try using a garden kneeling pad... might get two layers from one pad...

A slot cut into what ever type of material you find.. will allow the hose and wires to pass through the hole to the UDC... and the flexible material should form a tight seal around them.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have the critter-guard and it works great. I have to admit though that it is nothing but a piece of foam cut in a circle with a hole in the middle for the garden hose. There is a plastic disc that goes with it that I don't use but the product works great.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
After seeing the critter guard, I cut a piece of foam as SmokeyBare was talking about. I suppose if a critter really wanted in it could but there's nothing in there for him to get so??? We have more issues with tiny little ants than anything else. We spray the perimeter and have them little plastic ant thingys but we still get the little buggers.

ct0218

My UDC must be constructed differently. My UDC is sealed so that with the access door open out the bottom there is nowhere for anything to go. A mouse can get in there, but cannot get into the storage bay or anywhere inside the coach. In 3 years I've never had a problem nor signs of an intruder.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
My UDC must be constructed differently. My UDC is sealed so that with the access door open out the bottom there is nowhere for anything to go. A mouse can get in there, but cannot get into the storage bay or anywhere inside the coach. In 3 years I've never had a problem nor signs of an intruder.

The newer UDC is part of the storage area. You open the ods storage bay door to access the UDC. Yours and ours have a UDC that is totally separate with a separate door also. I personally, like our setup better.

jtcfishing

Hello Randy&Kathy we use a piece of memory foam rolled up put in the hole then allowed to expand.The foam will you run your hose and sat. wires in then seal up around them has worked great for us even in below 0 weather.The piece I use is about 8x16 it really gets tight when it expands,hope this helps. John

ChopperBill

The newer UDC is part of the storage area. You open the ods storage bay door to access the UDC. Yours and ours have a UDC that is totally separate with a separate door also. I personally, like our setup better.

I like yours better too and I don't even have that set up. I often wondered why they were not separated. My door opens upwards and when the bed slide is out you have to bend over to work in the UDC. Kind of a PITA.

boatdoc

OK, I had to go look. Our 09' 3670 "looks" like it is sealed off from the storage compartment when the baggage door is closed but one look closer the left side wall of the UDC does NOT come all the way out to the baggage door when closed. It leaves about a 1 inch gap for Mr. mousey to set up home anywhere in the rig he feels like.

jbeletti

My UDC must be constructed differently. My UDC is sealed so that with the access door open out the bottom there is nowhere for anything to go

You got yourself a "Classic" Landmark Clark :)

The UDCs on LM/BH share a door in common with the ODS storage compartment.

Jim

TXBobcat

Fulltime
This is what my 2008 Bighorn 3400RE UDC looks like.

This is something like what your discussing...

BC

Attachments

• DSC_1944M.jpg
    DSC_1944M.jpg
    597.1 KB · Views: 56

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
My 2009 BH 3400RE has a design flaw, as my UDC and storage unit is one door opening horizontally, and hits the knobs of the propane door, so it is almost impossible to put a door clasp on the side of the rig to hold it open when desired. Those silver door knobs are too large so you end getting smacked on the rear during windy days. My only fix is to replace the silver knobs with smaller ones, so that a simple clasp works to keep the UDC/storage unit door open. I was told by Heartland, they don't put clasps on slideouts. Suggested that I get the same large kind of clasp that holds open the door to the rig. Unsightly, but works I was told.