Landing gear equal force or not

slaytop

When I extend the hydraulic front landing gear one leg comes down to the ground and then the other and then they jack up the front of the trailer equally regardless if the terrain is level or not. This seems to be the ideal function of the system.

My system seems to do the first part but one leg seems to push harder than the other causing one side to rise more than the other.

What would cause the legs not to jack up the trailer equally?

I will appreciate your ideas.
Larry

ct0218

Mine works as it should, but it seems to me that if one is pushing harder than the other then it would torque the coach. I'm not around my coach at the moment so I can't look at the hydraulic lines, but I would think that the front jacks would operate off a single line with a tee, as opposed to a separate line to each jack. If that is the case, how could one raise more than the other? No fluid leaks on the slow one? A kink in a line could do it, but that is not likely. Is your fluid level OK? That is a strange one, and other than the thoughts above I have no idea what could cause it.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I don't know the exact operation of the Landmark landing gear operation but it sounds as if one of the lines may have air in it. Next ime you use it, try extending the legs as fars as they'll go and retract as far as they'll go a couple times. This should purge the air and equalize them as well.

jbeletti

Larry,

Wonder if the one jack has a bad seal allowing fluid past it and back through the return line? Just guessing - not based on any experience or knowledge of such things. It's worth giving Lippert a call to see what they think is happening.

Jim

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Mine has always worked that way. The off-door side goes down until ground contact is made and then the door-side goes down. As it make contact they both go the rest of the way down together. I was told this was the way it was designed in case one side was slightly lower than the other in the front. When raising them they go up together until ground contact is lost and then the ods goes up first then the ds.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Mine works as it should, but it seems to me that if one is pushing harder than the other then it would torque the coach. I'm not around my coach at the moment so I can't look at the hydraulic lines, but I would think that the front jacks would operate off a single line with a tee, as opposed to a separate line to each jack. If that is the case, how could one raise more than the other? No fluid leaks on the slow one? A kink in a line could do it, but that is not likely. Is your fluid level OK? That is a strange one, and other than the thoughts above I have no idea what could cause it.
Replaced my hydraulic lines this weak on the landing gear and the slide outs. Clark,you are correct on the hyhraulic lines to the landing gear. One line from the pump to a tee on the off door side landing gear and then from the T, to the door side landing gear .and one line between the two landing gear.If I recall correctly. It was Tuesday when I replaced the lines.