Carrying Weapons in Canada

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If I travel in Canada from the United States and then back to the United States is there a method where I can carry my handgun from the US into Canada and then back again? I have a United States Federal Handgun permit which allows a retired Police Officer to carry and concealed handgun anywhere in the US. So if I am on the road and want to go through Canada, from Detroit to Niagara Falls, NY how do I get the permit? Or is there a permit?
Or how about going from the US (lower 48) to the US (Alaska) through Canada?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Jim, Canadian Customs do not allow for handguns to enter their country. As far as I know, no hand guns, period. Long gun are allowed entry for competition and hunting, or special circumstance. And that can also depend on the customs officer. I have been allowed entry with a shotgun for protection while in a tent in the bush. I have also been denied entry of the shotgun for use in the same situation. Best is to contact Canadian Customs or RCMP. In fact, you may find some info HERE.
Peace
Dave
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/index-eng.htm.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Thanks for your answer Cookie. Believe it or not I was in Niagara Falls, Canada one time and a dude I had put in jail years ago came up to me a said hello. Kind of a scary scenario but luckily he was just being friendly. Goes to show you what a small world we live in....

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
If I travel in Canada from the United States and then back to the United States is there a method where I can carry my handgun from the US into Canada and then back again? I have a United States Federal Handgun permit which allows a retired Police Officer to carry and concealed handgun anywhere in the US. So if I am on the road and want to go through Canada, from Detroit to Niagara Falls, NY how do I get the permit? Or is there a permit?
Or how about going from the US (lower 48) to the US (Alaska) through Canada?

In the 70's yep...no problem.

Today, no how, no way. I don't even mess with the long guns.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
No offense Lefty, but you should probably stay away from weapons that shoot. Your legendary temper might put you in hot water, and someone else in the grave.LOL Probably better if you and Bob have that leg duel from 20 feet. If your eyesight is as bad as Bob's you will both miss.

If you recall Lefty's chili concoction recipe, he would probably resort to chemical warfare after a belly full of it. VX-Lefty.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
If you recall Lefty's chili concoction recipe, he would probably resort to chemical warfare after a belly full of it. VX-Lefty.

No...in a situation like this...you just put the dogs on 'em.

I'm having mexican today...enchildas with refried black beans.

So, are the dogs.

fhollan

Weapons & Canada

I've known law enfocement officers that went to Canada for a hunting trip, and had a active FOP sticker on their vehicle. Noticing this, Canadian Custom Agents took them and the vehicle to the side, and searched everything to make sure they had no handguns. They don't mess around with that.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
No...in a situation like this...you just put the dogs on 'em.

I'm having mexican today...enchildas with refried black beans.

So, are the dogs.

See, I warned you guys...he's loading up THREE binary weapons as we speak (bite & stench bombs).

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Thanks for your answer Cookie. Believe it or not I was in Niagara Falls, Canada one time and a dude I had put in jail years ago came up to me a said hello. Kind of a scary scenario but luckily he was just being friendly. Goes to show you what a small world we live in....

I can see where that might rachet up the old sphincter...

A lot.