exterior plumbing mod.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
The Sundance is a great value, but the outside drains need to winterized. My dealer informed me my unit had the Polar package but i see a weak point in the system. I spent less than $100 to heat the outside piping.

1. Heat-On pipe tape 18' x 80 watts w/ auto thermostat on 38deg off 45deg
2. 60' foil pipe wrap tape, FrostKing (HomeDepot)
3. 180 watt electrial inverter is needed for road travel only

Attachments

• heatTape.JPG
    heatTape.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 313
  • Heattraced.JPG
    Heattraced.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 385

dewwood

Great looking mod looks like it should work well with temps as low as I would want to be staying out in.

Koolaid

Unless some are different, it appears to me that this is uneeded. All of the gate valves are inside the "heated" area of the underbelly. That means that all the discharge lines that are exposed to the weather(the ones you wrapped with heat tape) after the gate valves, are empty, unless you are in the process of dumping.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Unless some are different, it appears to me that this is uneeded. All of the gate valves are inside the "heated" area of the underbelly. That means that all the discharge lines that are exposed to the weather(the ones you wrapped with heat tape) after the gate valves, are empty, unless you are in the process of dumping.

Maybe I need to take better quality photos to show the valves handles, ALL 3 of my drain valves are exposed and NONE are heated from the underbelly. The exposed lines are always Full unless the valves are open during dumping.

grizzlygiant

Mine are in the heated underbelly and do not freeze until the temperature gets and stays in the single digits. The low point drains freeze when the temperature gets below 20 even though they are well wrapped with foam insulation. The water lines to the kitchen are in the underbelly and they freeze in the 20s. This summer I will relocate them through the cabinets inside the living space.

Koolaid

Maybe I need to take better quality photos to show the valves handles, ALL 3 of my drain valves are exposed and NONE are heated from the underbelly. The exposed lines are always Full unless the valves are open during dumping.

After closer inspection, I now see your valves on the outside. I guess it kind of threw me since the docking station and pipes below the frame look exactly like mine, but are in fact different. Sorry for the derail.