Considering Cyclone 3795

Good morning, I'm new to this forum.

I'm seriously considering a Cyclone 3795. My wife and I looked at a number of toy haulers yesterday and really liked the Cyclone's features. I'm curious what type of tow vehicle any of you current owners may be using. I have a 2005 F350 4X4, SRW with a Powerstroke diesel (11,500 GVW/23,000 GCVW). I would like to keep my current truck because it would be too large of an investment to purchase the Cyclone and a new truck. I plan to convert the gearing from the factory 3.73:1 to 4.10:1. But this trailer seems pretty darn heavy. If I recall correctly, the dry weight with the gen was about 11,500 and the gross weight was around 17,900. I want to be sure I'm not a traveling road hazard and was wondering if anyone had any experience towing one of these beasts with a similarly situated tow vehicle.

Any experience and thoughts are greatly appreciated.

kuldaddy

rcampbellc said:
Good morning, I'm new to this forum.

I'm seriously considering a Cyclone 3795. My wife and I looked at a number of toy haulers yesterday and really liked the Cyclone's features. I'm curious what type of tow vehicle any of you current owners may be using. I have a 2005 F350 4X4, SRW with a Powerstroke diesel (11,500 GVW/23,000 GCVW). I would like to keep my current truck because it would be too large of an investment to purchase the Cyclone and a new truck. I plan to convert the gearing from the factory 3.73:1 to 4.10:1. But this trailer seems pretty darn heavy. If I recall correctly, the dry weight with the gen was about 11,500 and the gross weight was around 17,900. I want to be sure I'm not a traveling road hazard and was wondering if anyone had any experience towing one of these beasts with a similarly situated tow vehicle.

Any experience and thoughts are greatly appreciated.

I don't think you will have a problem, most of the guys out here are towing with something similar (3/4 ton) whether it be Dodge, Ford or Chevy/GMC. The most they have added is air bags. Plus will you ever load up enough stuff to get to the max 18K lbs? While I have not weighed mine yet I figured I would max out around 14,500-15,000.

I think you would be very happy with the Cyclone.

Happy hunting!!

2 Cats

We pull ours with a HD2500, Weight Loaded was 21800# with 2 Quad's & full of water :D Very happy with ours.
Rob

Thanks for the info guys. If I can't make the deal now I will probably wait until the October RV Show in Pomona, CA. I really do like the Cyclone and it appears to be my wife's choice, which may be the most important factor in the decision. :)

I currently haul a 36.5 foot Keystone Challenger so fortunately I'm not a complete newbie when it comes to 5th wheels. My Keystone has a GVW of 14,100. Although I have never crossed the scales I'm sure I don't travel at much more than 13,000. When I saw the gross weight of this trailer my eyes got wider. We will be traveling with one Kart (700lbs), one Quad and two motor cycles. I'm guessing with that load I'll be at the outer limits of my towing capacity but seeing that you guys are towing with somewhat similar vehicles makes me feel a lot better.

Thanks, again.

Rod Campbell

T

tgboyd

Tow Vehicle

Rod,

As Kuldady and 2 cats said you should have no problem with the rig you have and I don't think you need to change the rear end. I am pulling mine with a GMC 2500 HD DuraMax 4x4 CC SRW 3.73 and it works fine. Like Kuldaddy says just don't load it to it's max capacity and you should be fine. The pin weight is around 2390 lbs. empty and this is the only area where you may push your truck limits. When you have toys in the rear the pin weight should be less. You will love the unit.

Good luck, Tom