5th Airborne

boatdoc

I guess this is as good of a place as any to put this thread!! I never have a question those goes in a specific place, sorry.
I just aquired a 5th Airborne, 2nd hand. Is all there is to adjusting it is fill the air bag till it's on the shock line??? I can't find anything else on the web about adjusting the air pressure or what not. I set the 3670 down on the truck with full weight and ran the air into the bag. I measured the pressure at 48 pounds. The sticker says not to go over 120 pounds, Holy Cow, I'm not even half way there but I'm on the line. Any of you guys take a presure measurement with your bigger 5er's hooked up.
I thought our 3670 was on the heavy side and would need more pressure than what I put in. Air bag is all the way back towards the coach as per 5th Airborne.
Any thoughts or just go out and pull it around and see what happens,
Thanks, Gary

jtcfishing

Hello Gary we have a 09 Landmark with the trial air hitch, the first time I pulled mine it was set at around 50 psi. After pulling ours a few hundred miles I found that about 75 to 85 psi was better for my ride. The way you load your coach will make the tounge or hitch weight change. The dips and bad bridge joints are the worst for bottoming so be carefull and hope to see you down the road.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
I have the 5th airborne on our Landmark and have always set the pressure to the mark.The installer did not mention any particular air pressue setting.Used it last season this way and had no problems.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
I'm the same as trdeal, just keep it at the line, it you don't it could be difficult to unhook..../Doug

VixPix

Factory guide info

I had my RV dealer install a 5th Airborne on the '08 Landmark. He just told me to fill it to 85 PSI - he didn't give me any manuals with it. That's what I've done so far and it's worked well. But, I was curious and contacted the manufacturer. They sent me the attached instruction/calibration information. Consistent with other posts here. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• 5th Airborne - Installation Instructions 7-25-07.doc
    90 KB · Views: 65

boatdoc

Thanks, a couple of other guys have said 80-90 psi. I wonder where they came up with that number? I going with the "line" for the first trip out with it and see what happens.
Thanks again guys, Gary