Trailer hitch on the back

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Has anyone put a trailer hitch on the back of thier bighorn that will carry bikes??? We are buying a 3055 and I want to carry 2 bikes.
Thanks
Rand

ChopperBill

Check out Hidden Hitch. They have a bolt on one that should fit your frame. I was going to get one but decided to have it dealer installed. Bet Heartland or Lippert will eventually have one available as the demand is very high.

v92c

Texan
For my Laredo I made a pinbox mount from those drawings. It came out great. I used it to haul 3 bikes. I am going to try to use it for my Bighorn also.

Tony

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
bikr rack

Would the bike rack get in the way of you turning radius?? From the pictures on the website it looks like the bikes are too close to the back of the truck to turn sharp.

svd

From what I can tell, there shouldn't be a problem. I think the bikes will be well within the width of the trailer, so I think the first contact point would still be the truck cab to the corner of the trailer, 88 degrees for us.
Steve

v92c

Texan
Check out the link I added to my signature, it has the pictures of the Pin Box Hitch. And if anyone is interested I can provide a link to the AutoCAD drawings used to make the mount.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Try looking here also

Hello,
This discussion is posted in another area also. You might want to take a look.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=710

I know that the hitch our dealer installed works great for all (4) of our bikes. Obviously this will depend on your carrier.