Furnace

CrazyScotsman

Why will my furnace not kick on ???, untill I manually switch it to off then back on again. Now as I type this the bloody thing kicks on, go figure. If anyone does have any ideas what the problem could be, please let me know.
Thanks, Ken

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Why will my furnace not kick on ???, untill I manually switch it to off then back on again. Now as I type this the bloody thing kicks on, go figure. If anyone does have any ideas what the problem could be, please let me know.
Thanks, Ken

Replace your thermostat.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
There's as much as a 10 degree "swing" on the manual thermostats. You can set it stay at 68 for instance, but it might not kick on until the temperature reaches 58. I'm replacing mine with a digital model very soon (just got to find the time).

rjr6150

Replaced the old t/stat last summer with the Hunter and what a difference with the temperature. Hold the set temp within 1 degree.

CrazyScotsman

Thanks folks, it looks like I'll be going to Wally World . I can't believe the temperature difference from where it's set at and where it kicked on at. I probably wouldn't have noticed it, but DW woke up cold, thats when I got up and turned it off then on again. I knew I had planty of propane, because I filled both tanks up two weeks ago and never used any gas. ( You can tell how much I cook ) plus I checked the tank's yesterday.
anyhoo thanks.Ken