What's an RV?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
OK, if a boat is a hole in the water you throw money into and a sticks & bricks is a money pit, what is an RV? Seems every time I turn around I'm ordering another doo-dad. Just placed an order with Tweety's for the JT LVL-1 gizmo (nice price, too). When we picked up the BH on Friday, I bought MaxxAir vent covers. The Ultra-Fabs are sitting in the basement waiting for Spring to come back so I can mount them. Gotta quit doing this or I won't be able to afford campsite fees.;)

bigredtruck

when you think of a good slogan, let me know! We spend an awful lot of time and money at Camping World just for little doo dads that we didn't even know we needed!

jimtoo

Your RV is kinda like a horse, beautiful and lots of fun, except you open your wallet and feed it the green stuff instead of opening the barn for the green hay.

You know your always looking for something new, different, or something to improve your RV. A cowboy or girl is always looking for the right bridle, new saddle blanket, spurs, new shoes for the horse, a new saddle, and always got the veterinarian bills.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
John, there are things ya wanna have, and things ya gotta have. And man oh man, ya gotta have all those RV gizmos's and doo-dads.
Peace
Dave

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
OK, if a boat is a hole in the water you throw money into and a sticks & bricks is a money pit, what is an RV? Seems every time I turn around I'm ordering another doo-dad. Just placed an order with Tweety's for the JT LVL-1 gizmo (nice price, too). When we picked up the BH on Friday, I bought MaxxAir vent covers. The Ultra-Fabs are sitting in the basement waiting for Spring to come back so I can mount them. Gotta quit doing this or I won't be able to afford campsite fees.;)

It's a cosmic black hole with an insatiable appetite that causes you to shovel endless amounts of money into a possession that you will never be able to get any type of real return on should it have to be disposed of. :confused:

Boy, but there is a lot of them out there.

JohnDar

It's a cosmic black hole with an insatiable appetite that causes you to shovel endless amounts of money into a possession that you will never be able to get any type of real return on should it have to be disposed of. :confused:

Boy, but there is a lot of them out there.

Sounds a lot like the IRS, don't it??

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
If you think RV do da's are expensive just check out boating do da's, thay have to be made of gold!!

jpmorgan37

Hey, you all are really missing the idea. All of my life I was told, you couldn't buy happiness but when we sold the sticks and bricks, the boat, and the rest of our "stuff" and went full time, we have been happier than we ever were before in our life. You can't put a $ figure on that. Do we still buy the goodies? Sure, but now if we buy something, something else has to go. It's all in your perception.

John

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Boy Toys

As an owner of an SOB we didn't feel the need for doodads. You folks have brought on a whole new outlook. Gotta look great, gotta have it! Bought the Bighorn, truck gets new tires, decals, airbags, roll out storage, new chairs, flag pole, don't forget the LED lights and most recently pressure pro. No regrets here cause a man's gotta have his toys!

Last edited:

Delaine and Lindy

Wow, I know the feeling, the first few yeas and really when we went full timing. The problem was each time I would see a new gadget I thought I had to have it because someone else had it. Then when we quit full timing and unloaded the 5th wheel I always wondered why we were so heavy. Then and now I only carry the things that we have to have and use. Use is the Key word we were hauling things we weren't using. We now only carry things we use and if we need something in most places we go its just a short distance from were we are located. You wouldn't believe how much weight we were hauling around. Now in my basement we carry two bicycles and sewer hoses and Sattelite dish, Tri-pod and thats it. There is plenty of room for much more stuff, but I refuse to take things just because it looks neat. GBY......

JohnDar

Fortunately, so far, all the extra stuff I've bought will be permanently mounted somewhere on the new rig to serve some practical function. With the new awning and it's relative height, the wife has decided (with some coaxing) to forego attempting to hang the bazillion little lights she loves so much. So three boxes will stay at home. Everything else we pulled from the TT will fit very easily and leave plenty of room. There isn't much in the way of additional camping accessories that we need to get. I'll wait until I think I really need one, but a ladder sufficient to reach the upper sides or front of the rig and be easy to store in the basement is on the wish list. Got my eye on two possibilities. Otherwise, I will have to rappel off the roof.