Warranty Service Experience

shelly556

We picked up our 09 2900MK back the first of Nov.08. Our PDI was done on a somewhat cool morning so we did not notice the a/c, and everything else looked good. On our first outing we turned on the A/C, it did not cool. We had a few other things come up and thought since we are taking it in for the A/C might as well have the dealer fix the others. So we took it to our dealer, Camping World in Katy. Dropped it off on Feb.23,09. They said to give them a week, we were unable to pick it up that day, so we said Mar.04 would be better. Great! So we called on the 3rd, they told us that everything was done, except a shower head and a trim piece they ordered was not in, but if we wanted to pick it up that next day, they would just mail us the items. We decided to go ahead and leave it, we were not needing it until Mar. 18th. So my husband called back on the 13th. The pieces still were not in so we told them we would give it till the 17th, (all we really were concerned about was the a/c, it's getting hot) So on the 16th my husband called just to let them know we were coming, at this point they said it was not ready!!! What?? So my husband asked about the a/c and other items, they said no they were not fixed yet. My husband told them he would be there first thing on the 17th to pick it up fixed or not. So when he got there, he found out that they hadn't even looked at the a/c, my husband made them look at it right then, turned out the circuit board was bad so they took one out of another camper (hope they replaced that one). Out of the things to fix, the only things that were fixed was the trim piece that was broken and the a/c that was done that day. We are going to try and fix the other issues ourselves. I am sure we will probably need a service dept. down the road. So I was wondering if this was an isolated incident, or if others have had problems with them? Also, like to mention that several phone calls we made were not returned. We had to call them back. If they would have told us it would take a month to fix, that would have been fine, we would have waited til we did not need it for a month.

Sorry for the novel ;-)

Michelle

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Are you going to be at the Houston Rally this week? If so you can talk about this to Joe French from Katy Camping World. As for me I have never had service done there but know some who have and they have been very satisfied with their service. Hope to see you at the Houston Rally.

jfrench

Hello Michelle

I’m Joe French and I work for Camping World. I don’t work in the Service department, but I do have a little pull to make things happen here. I am very sorry to hear what has happen between you and my store. I wish I could tell you that you are the only one that we have left unhappy but that simply would not be true, but I do think we make the majority of our customers very happy. I would Love to talk to you and see what happen and by who, so I can at lest make sure this does not happen to someone else and as well would like to see if there is a way I can make it right with you. I will PM you my cell phone or please send me yours.

Again I’m very sorry and looking forward to making it right
Joe French