What you see may not be what you get!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyguy

We have a 3670RL on order, due off line shortly...

In the mean time I have been scouring the internet for photos of 2010 units. We have found a discrepancy in the photos, particularly in the bedroom, dressers and closets...
Here are two photos - the "yes yes" is the one we were hoping would be the layout. Turns out, the "no no" is the 2010 version, (and the correct one - although not what we prefer).

They seem to run about 50/50 in the internet ads, this is what brought the question to mind!

While it may be a small point, it would be nice if there was more control over this - "truth in advertising" so to speak:mad::mad:

(And of course, this backs up my "motto", in my signature...)

Attachments

• no no.JPG
    no no.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 190
  • yes yes.jpg
    yes yes.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 192

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We have a 3670RL on order, due off line shortly...

In the mean time I have been scouring the internet for photos of 2010 units. We have found a discrepancy in the photos, particularly in the bedroom, dressers and closets...
Here are two photos - the "yes yes" is the one we were hoping would be the layout. Turns out, the "no no" is the 2010 version, (and the correct one - although not what we prefer).

They seem to run about 50/50 in the internet ads, this is what brought the question to mind!

While it may be a small point, it would be nice if there was more control over this - "truth in advertising" so to speak:mad::mad:

(And of course, this backs up my "motto", in my signature...)

I had to look twice. Even went to my dealer's site where they have pictures of the 2010. They did change it from the 2009. I didn't notice that before. Looks like they added doors to access the W/D closet and shortened the dresser/overhead cabinet, instead of having to turn the W/D sideways and access from the main closet, like the 2009. That's how mine is.

If you plan on getting a W/D installed, it's probably better with the new layout, even if you lose some drawers and counter top. With the 2009 layout, you lose a chunk of closet space and have to crawl inside the closet to use it. But the wife insisted...:rolleyes:

skyguy

For now, we have no plans on a W/D, but I spose I can use the easy access closet space...

Al

boatdoc

IMO that new dresser/closet should be an option. I think it takes away too much for what it returns. We didn't have plans for the W/D but if indeed we end up with one I don't think it's that much trouble to go though to access the W/D from the sliding door side. Heck, you're not going to live in there, just throw laundry in. We use it as freezer space now, what's the diff.

Delaine and Lindy

This is just something I have picked up over the years. The manufactors make changes all during the build process, hope fully its a improvement. I guess it also would keep a person making changes to the web sites and it would for sure be a full time job making those updates. And in a lot of cases the changes are for the better. I'm not making excuses for the manufactors its just a fact of life. I do think the W/D closet changes will be a improvement. GBY....

Niles

I guess I understand why, easy access to w/d, however in this instant glad we got the old style. We don't have a w/d and don't think we will. I even put a shut off in the lines that go to it,saves the pink stuff.

nscaler2

Skyguy,
I know how you feel. When we purchased our 2006 Bigh Horn 3055RL, there were a number of things that were changed or just plain left out from the literature that we were given to make a decision from our dealer. The following is a list things that were different from the literature for a 2006 Bighorn:
Brinks Home security safe- Missing
Hydraulic Shock absorbers - Missing
Low Point drains - Missing
Florescent light above
kitchen sink - standard 12V incandescent
One piece fiberglass
shower with seat - seat missing
Commode with foot flush
and sprayer - sprayer missing
Quick and easy winterization
system - a wall in the basement has to be removed to
access the winterization hose and water
heater bypass valves. I don't consider this
quick and easy.
"Do to our efforts to continuously improve our products, standards, specifications and options are subject to change without notice or obligation to Heartland Recreational Vehicles, LLC."

If any of the above list is an improvement I wish someone would point it out. Anyway, don't feel alone. It seems that truth in advertising in the RV industry is a myth. :(

tcbrady

The "no no" picture is how we currently manufacture the 3670RL. The reason we made this change was to allow for a stackable washer dryer closet. With the "yes yes" version you can only get a combo washer dryer unit. Over the course of the last 2 years we heard more and more customers demanding a stackable washer dryer closet in the 3670RL. This came after numerous RV shows and thousands of customers walking through this model.
thanks,

boatdoc

I guess if one had not seen the "old" style it wouldn't matter all that much. I feel for skyguy.

skyguy

The "no no" picture is how we currently manufacture the 3670RL. The reason we made this change was to allow for a stackable washer dryer closet. With the "yes yes" version you can only get a combo washer dryer unit. Over the course of the last 2 years we heard more and more customers demanding a stackable washer dryer closet in the 3670RL. This came after numerous RV shows and thousands of customers walking through this model.
thanks,

Wow - thanks for stepping in Coley. It's great to hear from "the brass" about this decision.

I am disappointed that we are not getting what we thought we would be getting, exactly...

I was hoping that someone might say we could have what we wanted, because it had been built just recently this way. But I can understand the reasons for not changing the course of how a coach is built on the line.

With every RV, there are gives and takes. We were bouncing back and forth between the 3580, 3670, and 3600rl - had we known about this design change, we may not have selected and ordered the 3670. We may have felt the "improvements" for the 2010 model would have swayed our decision to stay with a 2009. There are no dealers close to Colorado Springs that have 2010 models, as far as I can tell from the Internet. To make matters worse, the dealers that do have 2010 models can't bother with showing the correct photos.

Even this forum is at fault to a small degree. Jim Beletti's post and subsequent replies do not list the interior change to the bedroom of the 3670.

All this said, if this is the only issue we face, my wife and I will be thrilled with the results! Hopefully, this is NOT a precursor to more problems down the road... sort of a warning of things to come!!

(of course, if a Heartland person were to step forward and say "You know, Al, I think we can make an exception here, and go ahead and build it like you want it, for no extra charge, just to show you we do go the extra mile..." then I would know for sure that Heartland can perform miracles!)

I know about miracles - we have been in the computer business for 30 years (yes really) and our customers say we perform miracless all the time!

Al Schlafli
Computer Dynamics (unabashed free plug)

jpmorgan37

quote I have always believed in the 50-90 law... if you have a 50% chance to get it right, there is a 90% chance you'll get it wrong! Unquote

I sure am glad no one ever taught me that law. That's a tough way to go through life believing that. And as far as this forum being at fault, especially Jim Beletti, I have to take issue with that because Jim has helped hundreds, no thousands of folks here on the forum and has been open and honest in all of his statements. Skyguy, I hope that you get what you are looking for in your new RV.

John

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Skyguy - i understand how you feel about the changes. We just got our 3670rl about 3 weeks ago. Wife noticed the closet right off the bat. However, i think it worked out for the best. I did make some modification to the closet already.
1. In the outside (door side) storage compt. I removed the head bumping black box across the top of the storage compt. You will do the same thing if you are not using the washer. They have the 1 1/2" drain pipe there and put a big carpeted box around it and the elect. Wires. Seems like every time i reached to get something in there, i bumped my head on the unseen black box. I cut the black pipe and capped the ends. I then ended up using the black box as a support for the plywood i added in the closet. I bought a 2' x 4' - 3/4" plywood from lowes/home depot and made a wall on the left side of the w/d closet. Then attached 3 - 20" deep x 34" wide wire shelves for storage. Wife loves them. They hold a ton of stuff. Also put 3/4" faucet caps on the washer valves for added protection from little hands that may want to turn them on.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Al, you're right. You will never get the Heartland Trailer of your dreams. It doesn't exist, and it won't exist. You can't get there from here. Might I suggest you cancel your current order and move on to another brand? They are getting ready to restart the NUWA line, I'm sure they could build one according to your wishes.

We'll miss you...but, maybe you'd be happier on another forum. I'm sure they can direct you to someone that could build you what you want. But, when dealing with your next manufacturer, you might want to be just a tad more realistic in your expectations.

Yeah, and it's all Beletti's fault. I blame him for inflation, the Vietnam War, and current price of eggs.

Adios Ol' Buddy.

Niles

I don't get this finger pointing game, I understand the change the factory had a lot of request for this mod and majority wins. I don't think Skyguy is being unreasonable in thinking he was getting what he saw in the brochure, however we all know things do change, we got a closet by the door we didn't know we were getting. I hope Skyguy takes his new trailer and adapts to the change and enjoys camping, with the rest of us, guess I'll be the one facing the corner, come on over with me Skyguy. Just one more thing I don't blame anyone for the changes it's just good business to listen to the majority.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
From the Heartland Website

Due to heartland's commitment to continuous product improvement, we reserve the right to make changes to models, including standards; options; materials; components; colors; fabrics; construction; features; etc. Without notice or obligation to heartland recreational vehicles.

We will do our best to keep this web site up to date, but real time changes are not always possible. Be sure to review a current model at your nearest authorized heartland dealer and discuss and review with your dealer any possible changes on new products being ordered from the factory.

The finger pointing starts when people want to blame Beletti for their failure to do proper research.

truknutt

Committed Member
Skyguy,

No one knows of these model year changes/surprises better than I!

Look back for my earlier postings and you will see that when our ordered 2008 Cyclone 3210 arrived it was missing the rear entry door!

Bottom line is that given the chance, (take a deep breath---let it out slowly) the factory will make it right to the best of their ability. We ended up with a 2009 Cyclone with not only the rear door but upgraded axle/tire combos. We couldn't be happier (unless someone else was paying the note!)

I feel that this company reacts so quickly to the consumer's requests that they don't have time to produce & distribute updated brochures and websites. Please don't ping Jim B. for inaccuracies..for all his helpfullness and correct info faaaarrrr outweigh any misinformation he may put out there. If you have read most of his postings, he is very careful not to mislead nor speculate on a topic he's not completely sure of. The dealers and the factory should be discussing these changes more readily prior to new literature arriving.

Give TCBRADY that call and work it out man to man. I'm sure a deal can be reached.

My 2 cents.....

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Must be my trifocals, but looking quickly over this thread, I don't see where anybody took Jim B to task on model changes. Even the response by the OP to Coley's reply was amicable.

On another note, the comment was made about the ease of accessing the W/D mounted sideways in the 2009 model vs. the 2010. I'm 5'8", 165 lbs. and fairly nimble. Even with an empty closet, it's not exactly comfortable trying to get directly in front of the unit. And unless you've got an overly developed tactile sense in your fingers, you're not going to do it from the outside. Someone less flexible or of greater girth might have serious problems getting in there.

My suggestion would be to offer either configuration as an option when ordering a 3670.

boatdoc

OK, if it's going to come with easy access doors or door, whatever it is, then why not put the darn W/D in there in the first place, charge for it, and call it a new 3670WD and still do the 3670RL. That way it will satisfy the full timers that want the small, slow, heavy on the pin, W/D set and also keep us, that don't want the W/D, completely happy with all the storage we lost having to buy something we don't want or need.
We did a poll in our campground this last stay in SoCal and found very mixed opinions on having the W/D or not and to us it was a pretty even race. We do our laundry, a weeks worth, in less than an 11/2 hours. Sure I, Gary, don't enjoy standing there watching clothes go round and round when I could be back at the CG doing nothing but it gets us out for a while and the bakery next door isn't all that bad.
Just our opinion, don't jump on us!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.