roof cleaning

boatdoc

We just use spic & span with warm water. Two hoses, one for the roof and one to keep the sides wet while washing the roof. Soft bristle brush and go for it. When all done pay GOOD ATTENTION to ALL the caulking.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
I use Dawn original dish washing soap and then I seal it with 303 Aerospace Protectant from CW, Pg 92 of master catalog. I try to clean and treat at the start of the season and then at the end of the season,but if I notice a really durty roof I will clean it again. The Dawn does not take off the protectant. Good luck.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
One thing about keeping your roof clean. It will reduce a lot of the black streaks.

I use Dawn and when I finish I put the Protect All Treatment
http://www.protectall.com/rrc_lg.htm

I went to their siminar at LOW... I don't know if it is the best but it seems to do me real well.

BC

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
There was an earlier discussion about roof cleaning and it included a link to the edpm manufacturers site. They recommended spic & span or any kitchen cleanser. We just did ours with Dollar store Comet. 2 cans for a buck. Used 3 cans. I was amazed at how well it works. We did have to rinse it very good though. After I thought we were done there was residue remaining. I got the brush and hose back in action. I may have tried to do to big of a section the first time around.