Bigfoot Leveling System - Is this available from Heartland

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Bigfoot Leveling System?

Is the Bigfoot leveling system available on the Landmark or Bighorn? I have a friend that is having one installed on his Hitchhiker trailer soon, and it seems as though it would be much easier to set up in camp with a system that allows you to hit a button and the hydraulic system levels the trailer.

He is putting 12,500# lifts on each side in the rear and 17,500# lifts on the front. This will allow him to change a tire or lift one side of the trailer with the Bigfoot.

*Post moved to ATF by Admin - 4/11/06*

Last edited by a moderator:

kerry

Bigfoot Levelers

Maybe I Can Help You. As Far As I Know, Heartland Does Not Offer This Option, But Your Dealer Should Be Able To Arrange For Your Unit To Be Taken To Bigfoot And Have The Bigfoot Levelers Installed. We Have Done This At Our Dealership For Other Units.

Kerry Sears
Bh 3400 Owner
& Dealer

jayc

Thank you for responding Kerry. My friend got a very good price from the factory, but it would mean a trip to michigan to have it installed. I was hoping it might be one of those "unwritten" options that are sometimes available.

kerry

bigfoot levelers

check with your dealer or bigfoot. you should be able to have your unit go from heartland to bigfoot to your dealer

Kerry

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Saw Bigfoot in person

I was visiting my dealer when one of the salesman came over and was telling me that a new Landmark had just arrived. It was a special order and the customer had the Bigfoot levelers added. Well I should say the dealership made arrangements to have the unit sent to Michigan to have the system installed. We went over to investigate. I was personally very impressed with what I saw. The installation looked very nice and professional. It had a control box that would let you manipulate the levelers any way you would want. And the control box could be accessed from the front storage compartment or the off-door side compartment. The control panel had about a 5 foot wire attached to it so you could place it anywhere you want.

jayc

It is good to know that either the dealer or Heartland can ship the trailer to Michigan to have the levelers installed. The question is cost.....I know what my buddy paid, but wonder what the cost to buy it through Heartland and my dealer, both of whom will likely add a profit amount to the cost.