furnace issue

jmaguire

We have just purchased a 35DSRL. It is very nice, however a couple of small problems so far. We can't figure out how to have the TV play through the sound system speakers. We assumed that since they are interconnected they must be able to play the tv through the speakers. Second, we get no heat out of the back 2 heat ducts. Plenty from the front. Is there any solution other than to partially block off the front ones.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
It really sounds like something is blocking the duct if there is no heat coming out. I'd pull the vents and use a mirror and flashlight to see if you can see anything in there. Does heat come out when you block the other vents?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Regarding the TV sound through the speakers. You should have a stereo cable hooked up between the TV audio out and the "aux in" on the rear of the receiver. You may need to turn off the TV speakers by going through the menu on the TV. The receiver needs to be set to aux.

jmaguire

Thanks for the replies. I will block off and check the ducts this week. Also, I will check the wiring between the TV and the stereo. I thought it should work.

B

bwwalczak

Thank you for your question.

Regarding the sound from the TV to the speakers, you can use these, but the head unit must be selected to "AUX 2". The TV and stereo come wired and connected from the factory. If this does not work, it is possible that one of the cables (RCA cables, red or white) has not been inserted. Easy fix, just insert.

Regarding the heat ducts, you should be getting heat through the rear ducts. Be careful not to block any heat ducts as this could cause the furnace to "back up" and cause other problems with long term functioning.

Please consult with your dealer as he will have more solutions for you.

jmaguire

Heat ducts fixed. They came loose at the furnace. Still no sound through the tv to the stereo. Checked wiring and it appears to be connected properly.

B

bwwalczak

Make sure the stereo is set to AUX2, push the AUX button twice to get there.

That is how the system is programmed. Hope this helps.

jmaguire

Thanks Bryan. I did try that. Went through aux. 1 2 and 3 and no difference. I also checked the wiring and it appears to be fine. Contacted Jensen to see if they had any troubleshooting tips so I can avoid taking to the dealer. Don't get me wrong, I have a good dealer who will take care of it, just easier to get it done at home if possible.

jmaguire

Contacted Jensen yesterday and they sent me the information I needed. The factory hooked up the wires in the wrong place. Guess they never bothered to check the operation anywhere in the food chain. Jensen was very helpful and sent me better diagrams than were in the owners manuals.

wdk450

Mr. Mcguire:
On my BH 3670RL I found the TV audio output connected to a surround sound box OUTPUT. Output has to be connected to INPUT to work.

B

bwwalczak

Glad to hear it worked out. I will insure that our folks connect to the proper places.

Thanks for the feedback.

jmaguire

Bryan, a little update. The manual that came with the tv does not match the connections on the back of the tv. I will have to remove the tv from the mount in order to verify the model and serial number. they have been covered up. When I pull up the model on the manual we got it is a different setup of the connections on the back of the tv. It looks like the factory guys did in fact hook up the wires where it said to, but something is amiss. For some reason the connection setup is differant than the actual connections on the tv. I will keep you informed.
Short answer- it is wired like the designations would indicate, but no worky.

jmaguire

Finally got the tv working right. The factory did everything the way it showed, but my tv is not as shown in the manual or online. The problem ended up being in the tv programming mode. Had to set audio to main in order to power the output. Glad i got that done here in the yard. My dealer would have fixed it for us, but it would not have been fair for them to go through all that trouble because of Jensen.