Pinehurst Suggestions

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I looked, but did not find an area on the forum to make suggestions to the factory folks. I thought I remember seeing something about a place to do that, but I just went through the forum list and didn't see it.

Anyway I'd like to make a suggestion to the design folks on the Pinehurst. The bedroom light switch should not be behind the door. It's cumbersome to get to and when you've got your hands full, difficult to reach around behind the door. To me a much better place would be on the right wall just as you enter the bedroom. -- Just a thought.

I know this has been discussed lately, but whoever designed the style, size and placement of the sewer hose holder was certainly not a camper. While the drain tube is easily accessable from the side of the trailer, the hose holder is not It's too far back. An old coger like me has to lay on the ground to get to the thing (or at least get down on my hands and knees). Getting down is not the hard part.......

Then to make it so short that you can't get a scrunched up 20' hose in the tube because it's too short is certainly not very thoughtful. And to top matters off, if you want to leave your elbow and your connector ring on the sewer hose, the tube is too small of a diameter to do so.

The whole holder was not very well thought out. the last two campers I owned had the 4 " bumper to store your hose. It would hold 50 ft of hose if you needed it with the connectors left on. That's what I'm use to. So this useless hose holder on my new Pinehurst is frustrating.

I had requested two sewer hose holders side by side from the factory. I didn't get them, but now I'm glad I didn't. I'm going to remove the inadequate tube and replace it with one that will work. Not a real big job and I already know how I'm going to do it, but I really shouldn't have to.

Just my two cents worth.

Keith

jbeletti

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your feedback. I have passed it on to the factory. By the way, each brand has their own Design Ideas forum. I have moved yours to the Landmark - Design Ideas forum.

Jim

klindgren

Thanks Jim. I knew I had seen one out there, I just couldn't find it last night when I went to post.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Sounds like the low-rider TT we traded in. Cheek hard pressed to the side of the trailer, milking a cow on your knees to get at the tube. Trying to put the cap back on by sense of touch. Made plastic totes a no-brainer.

Now, on our 3670, there's a small compartment aft of the UDC that I was told is to store the hose. Looks like it has decent drainage, too. Is that unique to the BH line and not the Landmarks?

flamingknitter

I must be doing something wrong because I manage to squish two 10 foot hoses in there. No one told me that they didn't fit!!! I have a hard time getting positioned to get it closed as well.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
klindgren,I know that this does not help your sewer hose storage problem and I also know that this is a bit off topic,but some of us Landmark owners have cut the inside tube out of the sewer hose storage compartment and use it to store our hose connections in I also put an extra short hose in the compartment as well.

klindgren

klindgren,I know that this does not help your sewer hose storage problem and I also know that this is a bit off topic,but some of us Landmark owners have cut the inside tube out of the sewer hose storage compartment and use it to store our hose connections in I also put an extra short hose in the compartment as well.

Thanks Terry. For the short term I used my dremel tool to file down the 4 tips that stick out on the drain connector (sewer hose side) so that the entire 20 ft of hose including the connectors will fit in the tube.

I still want to make the entire tube longer so I can access it on either end kind of like I did with my old camper's bumper storage. There are two camping areas we go to that I need all 50 feet of sewer hose.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Thanks Terry. For the short term I used my dremel tool to file down the 4 tips that stick out on the drain connector (sewer hose side) so that the entire 20 ft of hose including the connectors will fit in the tube.

I still want to make the entire tube longer so I can access it on either end kind of like I did with my old camper's bumper storage. There are two camping areas we go to that I need all 50 feet of sewer hose.
Know what you mean about needing the extra hose. I mounted two pieces of 4 inch pvc pipe with a clean out plug on each end underneath the frame of our Landmark.I put a 20ft hose in each one with a clear fitting on one end.I did have to file down the tabs on the fitting to slide it into the clean out plug.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
I have a 2010, 3670rl with the small outside storage compt. For the sewer hose. I just took the right side wall out entirely and put a floor in it which now will hold a 10' and 15' hose with the twist lock fittings attached along with a clear 45' ell. Great!